Why Does the AARP Hate Seniors?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Why Does the AARP Hate Seniors? | RedState

By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | July 16th, 2013 at 11:33 AM | 20

We know the AARP is typically left-leaning and sided with the Obama Administration on Obamacare and other policies that will wind up hurting seniors.

But now it seems they’re siding with the far-left environmental movement to put people out of work and raise energy prices — something that has a direct effect on seniors with fixed incomes.

The AARP and Sierra Club worked together to stall nuclear energy legislation in Iowa. They claimed the legislation would hurt seniors when, in reality, the legislation would have incentivized low cost nuclear energy production in Iowa.

The AARP joined with the Sierra Club in Mississippi too. The issue was different, but the operation was the same. The environmental group couldn’t get its way so it brought in the AARP to scare seniors, who in turn called legislators.

They did it in New York and North Carolina and Virginia among others. Each time, as the Sierra Club fell behind in its goals, it picked up the blue hair phone, called the AARP, and had them scare the mess out of seniors.

But it’s not just the Sierra Club.

With other groups, including Green Peace, the AARP is going all in against global warming. In the 2007 AARP magazine, they painted a picture of earth’s destruction. So while they advocate policies that would make today’s seniors’ grandkids unemployed, they also want seniors to know they’re destroying the planet for those unemployed grandkids. But, this is important because the trees are screaming.

Worse still, in going all in with left-wing groups, the AARP is seeking to undermine seniors’ access to cheap power. Remember, the left has every incentive to raise prices on power by getting rid of cheap coal energy, opposing nuclear energy, etc. That puts the AARP on both sides of the issue as it tries to hurt energy producers. For example, the AARP aggressively fights rate increases, as you’d expect from a group claiming to represent millions on fixed income. It has watchdog groups that harass utility regulators around the country. From Oklahoma to Georgia to Louisiana, the AARP wants seniors on “Watchdog” teams to watch regulators in the power sector. Of course, they side with liberal interests and turn those watch dogs into attack dogs.

Check out this video of a Greenpeace activist admitting as much:

The AARP made $2.8 billion supporting Obamacare’s cuts to medicare. Now it’s siding with Greenpeace, the Sierra Club, and others to oppose coal, gas, and nuclear power. It is not an advocacy group for seniors. Rather it is just another liberal interest group masquerading as caring about seniors.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to be honest, who doesn't hate seniors? I mean really, how many supermodels are seniors?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been striking back at AARP ever since they started mailing me their Crap.

The first year,, I think when I hit 50 I kept writing notes telling them I was 16 :laughing7:.
They finally stopped sending me their carp for awhile, then it started again
Then I kept folding up all their Crap & Stuffing it in their Pre-Paid envelops with
Writing all over everything using a Black Marker saying things like Keep your Scam Trash
And Taping the envelopes Shut & Mailing them back.
Now it is rare I get one, Perhaps once to twice a Year tops that I have to send them their Crap back at their expense

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff you are one unique dude!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do you live underground?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know how you feel, I may be old but I will never be able to retire

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to be honest, who doesn't hate seniors? I mean really, how many supermodels are seniors?

You are crazy! I mean that in the best way possible of course!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The problem is many of the tree hugging hippies are turning 60 and 70 years old.

Too many of us never grew up, got a job or even took a bath. I tried all three and liked it.

Living like that has gotta affect their mental ability though. Then there's the dope ... I'm sorry, I'm not supposed to mention what's his name here am I?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I joined AARP to get a discount on my auto ins. , Harford Insurance. I now pay 1/4 of what I was paying before. Now I got to admit I think there thinking is way out in left field. There main reason to exist is to get commissions on sales to seniors. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg PS: I am not a member now, but I still have the same low insurance rate. ;-) Frank...

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
AARP? Oh yeah, that's that big packet of crap I get every month and toss in the garbage with the kitty litter...

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Why Does the AARP Hate Seniors? | RedState

By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | July 16th, 2013 at 11:33 AM | 20

We know the AARP is typically left-leaning and sided with the Obama Administration on Obamacare and other policies that will wind up hurting seniors.

But now it seems they’re siding with the far-left environmental movement to put people out of work and raise energy prices — something that has a direct effect on seniors with fixed incomes.

The AARP and Sierra Club worked together to stall nuclear energy legislation in Iowa. They claimed the legislation would hurt seniors when, in reality, the legislation would have incentivized low cost nuclear energy production in Iowa.

The AARP joined with the Sierra Club in Mississippi too. The issue was different, but the operation was the same. The environmental group couldn’t get its way so it brought in the AARP to scare seniors, who in turn called legislators.

They did it in New York and North Carolina and Virginia among others. Each time, as the Sierra Club fell behind in its goals, it picked up the blue hair phone, called the AARP, and had them scare the mess out of seniors.

But it’s not just the Sierra Club.

With other groups, including Green Peace, the AARP is going all in against global warming. In the 2007 AARP magazine, they painted a picture of earth’s destruction. So while they advocate policies that would make today’s seniors’ grandkids unemployed, they also want seniors to know they’re destroying the planet for those unemployed grandkids. But, this is important because the trees are screaming.

Worse still, in going all in with left-wing groups, the AARP is seeking to undermine seniors’ access to cheap power. Remember, the left has every incentive to raise prices on power by getting rid of cheap coal energy, opposing nuclear energy, etc. That puts the AARP on both sides of the issue as it tries to hurt energy producers. For example, the AARP aggressively fights rate increases, as you’d expect from a group claiming to represent millions on fixed income. It has watchdog groups that harass utility regulators around the country. From Oklahoma to Georgia to Louisiana, the AARP wants seniors on “Watchdog” teams to watch regulators in the power sector. Of course, they side with liberal interests and turn those watch dogs into attack dogs.

Check out this video of a Greenpeace activist admitting as much:

The AARP made $2.8 billion supporting Obamacare’s cuts to medicare. Now it’s siding with Greenpeace, the Sierra Club, and others to oppose coal, gas, and nuclear power. It is not an advocacy group for seniors. Rather it is just another liberal interest group masquerading as caring about seniors.

What's up with the title of this thread?

It may be the OP's opinion that the AARP "hates seniors" but unless they provided a press release stating such, posting such information is false and misleading.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I wouldn't think they actually hate their Meal Ticket

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

It may be the OP's opinion that the AARP "hates seniors" but unless they provided a press release
stating such, posting such information is false and misleading.

Not misleading at all, IMO. If a business (AARP) acts in a manner that is offensive
to Conservatives, then for the Conservatives to feel that the AARP hates
seniors may be a reasonable conclusion.

There's no need for AARP to provide confirmation that they are out to support their
very liberal agenda...it's obvious enough by their actions.

There IS AN ALTERNATIVE!

AMAC -

From the site:

"The Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC) is a conservative, nonpartisan
organization looking out for the interests of Americans 50 years of age and older. "

Screw AARP. I hear how they do save seniors money, but at what cost to
our freedoms? We pay them for a good deal on car insurance, and they
turn around and give the money to some liberal campaign or Greenpeace, etc.

Speak with your $$ and soon AARP won't have quite as much financial power
to invest in further destroying American Freedom.

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Not misleading at all, IMO. If a business or individual acts in a manner that is
offensive to seniors then saying they "hate" seniors may be a reasonable conclusion.
There's no need for AARP to provide confirmation that they are out to support their
very liberal agenda...it's obvious enough by their actions.

There IS AN ALTERNATIVE!

AMAC -

From the site:

"The Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC) is a conservative, nonpartisan
organization looking out for the interests of Americans 50 years of age and older. "

Screw AARP. I hear how they do save seniors money, but at what cost to
our freedoms? We pay them for a good deal on car insurance, and they
turn around and give the money to some liberal campaign or Greenpeace, etc.

Speak with your $$ and soon AARP won't have quite as much financial power
to invest in further destroying American Freedom.

You are wrong.

If you wish to believe that the AARP supports a liberal agenda and hates seniors then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

To take that opinion and assert that just because YOU find it offensive to seniors and draw the conclusion that they must hate seniors is ONLY your opinion.

That does not make it fact. The difference here is in the OP's wording of the article.

If the article had said "conservatives think the AARP hates seniors" or "it is the OP's opinion that the AARP hates seniors", then that would be acceptable.

Not everyone who reads this article would draw the same conclusion, thus making it an opinion and not fact.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

It may be the OP's opinion that the AARP "hates seniors" but unless they provided a press release stating such, posting such information is false and misleading.

yea I wouldn't think they actually hate their Meal Ticket

Unlike any of the senators or representatives who made it law, I did read the ENTIRE health care bill.

A panel of 5 people will decide who is, or is not, worthy of any treatment. Worthiness will be based on the person's value to society - or to paraphrase the words of the bill, 'based on their ability to further contribute to society.' This predisposes the panel to withhold some treatments based on general health AND AGE of the person needing treatment.

Therefore, whereas today a 70 year old can get treatment for a bad heart, under the new healthcare plan - once completely implemented - they will now be sent home to die. Why?

Their ability to further contribute to society is very low, and doctors' time will be better spent caring for younger persons.

What doctor would make such a decision? Who could be so cold?

Have you read the bill yet? The panel will be comprised of 5 members or individuals. Can you imagine three of five doctors doing something like that? Well, that doesn't matter because of the 5 members, only two will be "medical professionals" - which does NOT necessarily mean doctors. It might be two hospital administrators or even the hospital's bean counter (auditor).

What about the three other members?

They will be LAWYERS.

AARP tells their members that the new healthcare law is good for them, and convinced many to petition congress to implement it.

Makes me think of the Sci-fi series "V" from back in the early 1980s. They smiled in peoples' faces told them they were being moved to other planets or going on vacation to other planets, when in actuality, the aliens were just "herding cattle" to have for lunch ... literally.

If AARP didn't HATE their members, they would have never asked them to support a bill that WILL result in millions of deaths from denied treatment on the advice of lawyers.

That is why they are referred to as "Death Panels" by many.

Have a nice day and be well. Otherwise you may have to go to the doctor. Not too bad unless you're a senior citizen.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jersey Ben: "Hate" is not a word I care to use for describing my feelings
about anything aside from wife #3. The word "hate" in today's world has
been misused/misapplied to anything and everything.

We all make decisions about where to spend our money, and choosing
who we desire to do (or don't) do business with is a personal choice. I am in
full agreement with the OP's position, however I wouldn't have used the word
"hate" but rather might have chosen an equally loathsome replacement.

Yes sir...that's my opinion, and it is supported by a truckload of facts. I would
not disrespect your position on them, but I've no intention of changing my mind unless
a substantial body of factual evidence is presented to prove otherwise.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are wrong.

If you wish to believe that the AARP supports a liberal agenda and hates seniors then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

To take that opinion and assert that just because YOU find it offensive to seniors and draw the conclusion that they must hate seniors is ONLY your opinion.

That does not make it fact. The difference here is in the OP's wording of the article.

If the article had said "conservatives think the AARP hates seniors" or "it is the OP's opinion that the AARP hates seniors", then that would be acceptable.

Not everyone who reads this article would draw the same conclusion, thus making it an opinion and not fact.

It is a fact AARP heavily supports the democratic party and they also support obamacare, this ensures they would continue to enroll seniors into their supplemental medicare insurance, the health care bill will increase this enrollment because the public insurance sector will be unable to provide it due to the cost increase.

I am NOT a member of AARP because of these reasons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread