Why I carry 2 Metal Detectors..... How bout you?

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanted to find out if anyone else out there carries a few MD'ers with them while hunting? I didn't realize how beneficial it was to own more than one detector. Last week my new detecting buddy (fireman) asked me if I had an extra detector, and I replied "yes". He told me that he had a friend who lived about an hour away (Italy), and that his friend would love to learn how to detect. I offered my detector for a day hunt. He told his buddy, and we were offered to go hunt his fields in his region of Italy. He then proceeded to tell me that his friends would love to learn and we could hunt their land as well!!! You see, in Italy, it's all about a relationship with the Italians. They LOVE Americans and want to promote joint relations just as much as we do them. I couldn't believe that by a simple gesture of loaning out my alternate detector, all of my new found friends called their friends to get us on all of these new properties. I feel that having an extra detector is as important/beneficial as filling in your divot (hole) or getting permission to hunt on lands, and/or helping others find their lost items. They all go hand in hand and promote the hobby!!!
3 ME'ers.JPG

Anyone else have a story in relation to this that would like to share?????? :icon_thumleft:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one at home as a back-up and loaner but it usually stays home. If I was traveling a distance I would pack it into the car as a back-up.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I often have a backup in the vehicle in case of a breakdown or sometimes fitted with a different coil if needed.
luvsdux

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done. Great post.
I usually have at least 2 with me. 2nd in case of initial malfunction. And the 2nd has been used as a "loner". Acquired a detecting friend.
I've yet to obtain new permissions though.
GL
Peace ✌

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always keep two with me, just in case my #1 goes on the blink, and use the other as a loaner also, and old Whites BFO which the newbies really like and do well with. Cheers!!

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry 3 with me. my favorite plus 2 back ups or loaners. same with 3 pin pointers and 3 trowels.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always carry two md's and two pinpointers.Because things do break.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted an extra one to have in my truck, to change things up once in awhile, and purchased the great little Eurotek Pro as a cheap 2nd. Man that detector can ID targets really well!

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have 2 detectors but i only bring both when my son wants to use one.

SouthTexasHunter

Mar 8, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep an old Bounty Hunter IV with me for backup and one specific reason. Many times while hunting, I get surrounded by curious kids that really tend to get in the way and ask question after question. I don't mind answering questions for awhile but when they really start getting in my way and sticking their hands in the holes, I break out the BH IV and a small trowel, set it up for them on basically zero discrimination and tell them if they hear it beep to start digging. I make sure they stay in an area that I've already been over. Most times they will go at it hard for about 30 minutes and then lose interest and bring it back to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread