Why I Love My Headphones

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orange over red over purple with a transparent wash of gray-blue. Turning to the east the sky is clear, a shooting star with sparkling tail streaks across the sky and then is suddenly gone again, vanishing into thin air as quickly as it appeared. The tide is coming back in now, the rumbling of the sea gradually growing louder, the coming and going of the foamy water reminding me of that gentle old man who use to slowly wash my car windows with a bucket of soapy water and a sponge. At that moment, “Wash on - Wash off,” drifts through my head. A gentle old man and the ocean working in perfect rhythm, who would have imagined it so many years ago. I don't even know if that kind old man had ever gotten to stand next to the sea? Strange I'm thinking of him now after the passing of so many years. For the life of me I can't even recall his name. They say that entire story can be told in a single moment so perhaps, much to my dismay, this is one of those moments? That gentle old man had filled my cars and washed my windows for years and I had never even bothered to ask his name. Should life really be lived with so much speed and haste and focus? It's moments like these that cause me to appreciate my hobby, once the headphones are on life just seems slow down enough so I can be alone in my thoughts, or, it slows down enough that I can have absolutely none at all. Sometimes, just seeing is enough. Life without headphones would suck. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread