Why is it that......,

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Here's my guess: people in front yards often headed out to get in car, bus, street car, horse & buggy, so usually would have valuables with them: their money, their jewelry. Back yard more for hanging damp clothes on line, adults & kids playing games, barbecue, burning trash, gardening, casual ball game -- so everyone less likely to be wearing bling or carrying coins. Also, more visitors going through front yard from street to house than ever getting into back yard. Looking forward to hearing other opinions.
:laughing7: HAVE FUN! :cat: Andi

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Houses that have had yard sales or lemonade stands are coin goldmines...

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Funny, Where I lived when I started Metal detecting the back yard was full of Coins. The front however had the best and the oldest (oldest so far). LOL. Good Luck

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The squirrels are moving the goodies around again! Lol! Kidding!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
agree w, prolab that every house is different...in the yards I have hit, half of the best were in the front, others the back proved to be target rich, ya gotta check everything, don't assume back yards are not worth hunting. Hate to miss anything on a one-time-only hunt. good luck to all going forward and HH!

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
In my experience backyards tend to have more "junk" often hiding the goodies. But as others have said, it depends on the history of the property.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The front of the house has deliveries and other visitors. Mailman (package delivery), UPS, FedEx, Milkman, door to door salesmen and so on.

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have a yard sale in front of the house - lots of change and things falling off tables

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread