Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I just opened an account at my local TD bank, mainly to use their coin counting machine, it has no daily limit on how much you can dump there.
At the same time I asked them if they had any CWR and they said "No, it all goes into the coin machine"

I instantly realized that that is why silver and wheaties and Indians keep showing up in bank boxes. At least at TD bank they tell the customers to dump the coins in the machine, silver and all, even if they are wrapped. So granny coming in with her Barber Dimes is going to dump them in the machine and off to Loomis it goes, and eventually comes back!

Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not necessarily true. These machines mostly spit out the silver, and have led to some of my best finds (dimes, quarters, foreign silver). I have probably pulled close to 2oz of silver from the reject trays in my less than 2 months of actively searching. I think the banks that do not have these machines and send out their coins are the ones that recirculate the silver. But yes, grandma is likely the reason us new age silver hunters are finding coins in our rolls to this day.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this time, I thought Brinks, Garda and Loomis were buying them off eBay to put in rolls so that they had more business due to us CRHers upping the volume.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im pretty sure Brinks is culling the silver and selling it to Loomis. Then, loomis inserts mostly 40% halves, 90% Kennedys, Roosevelt dimes, and occasionally Bens, WL, Barbers, etc into the boxes which are intended to scanned by aliens before distribution to the banks. The Aliens are supposed to intercept the boxes with silver in them, but some slip by.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Loomis, Garda, Brinks, etc cull all silver, melt it down and sell to the US Government to make silver tipped ammunition for the coming zombie/vampire/werewolf/clown infestation. They then purchase Chinese fakes to stuff in the boxes to increase box orders from CRHers so they can maximize profits by charging banks for additional coin deliveries. The Chinese fakes are toxic lead based copies designed to weaken and devastate the national CRHing population as they know we are the only barrier to a full scale invasion for the purpose of claiming our nation's built up inventory of silver munitions.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously all the counters don't reject silver because the coins that are in the rolls/boxes we buy must be counted before they are rolled. I think that towns where banks have coin counters (that don't reject silver) and the banks don't let you buy the bags end up with some good boxes because the silvers aren't cherry-picked before they end up back in boxes.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
...These machines mostly spit out the silver...

There are some machines that reject silver. But you can't say that most reject silver.

The machines that reject silver also reject most foreign coins - unless the foreign coin has the same inductive signature as one of the US coins.

I know of 3 different MFG of machines that do not reject silver, do not reject steel CAD, and do not reject misc. alloy tokens.
- Cummins JetSort (gotten bags of 0.50 and 0.10 from this machine with Ag, gotten bags of cents with steel Canadian)
- Brandt/Delarue (gotten bags of 0.50 and 0.10 from this machine with Ag, gotten bags of cents with steel Canadian)
- I don't recall the MFG, but it is one with a goofy conveyor belt feed (helped teller change bag of 0.50 and saw many Ag).

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Loomis, Garda, Brinks, etc cull all silver, melt it down and sell to the US Government to make silver tipped ammunition for the coming zombie/vampire/werewolf/clown infestation. They then purchase Chinese fakes to stuff in the boxes to increase box orders from CRHers so they can maximize profits by charging banks for additional coin deliveries. The Chinese fakes are toxic lead based copies designed to weaken and devastate the national CRHing population as they know we are the only barrier to a full scale invasion for the purpose of claiming our nation's built up inventory of silver munitions.

Nominated for a banner, though doubtful this post will garner the respect I feel it deserves

Best post I've seen on here ever

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DING, DING, DING, we have a winner!!

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's two or three TD machines here that reject silver and there used to be more... the machines are being phased out, only the older models reject it...

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
- Brandt/Delarue (gotten bags of 0.50 and 0.10 from this machine with Ag, gotten bags of cents with steel Canadian)

The DeLaRue machine in my CU has a magnet that rejects steel and nickel coins.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol, my not being able to do much searching these last few months making me craaaaaazzzaaay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread