Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No! lol I'm on my 3rd year, I metal detect almost every day and my wife says I'm obsessed. When we're driving all I do is turn my head from right to left left to right looking for new places to explore and she sick of hearing, "Oh that looks old!". I'm totally hooked I'm in deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
No! lol I'm on my 3rd year, I metal detect almost every day and my wife says I'm obsessed. When we're driving all I do is turn my head from right to left left to right looking for new places to explore and she sick of hearing, "Oh that looks old!". I'm totally hooked I'm in deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell your wife she's not alone. I'm married to a fisherman. Eat, sleep, fish.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well im in trouble, I fish for a living, and I treasure hunt. To put it a little better, I fish for a living and I live to treasure hunt. The 2 are very simalar. I love my job equally as much as my hobby. Im pretty darn happy with my life. If I could just catch more fish, make more money and find more treasure

Last edited:

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My user name gives me away...Im looking down for stuff when I don't even know Im doing it.
Went walking with the wife....she and I are just talking.....meanwhile I'm reaching down picking up a quarter....."Is that a spear point?" ""Nah, just a rock." She just chuckles. I was in sports and excelled, made game winning shots in hoops (back in the day), made 50% from 3's for an entire season.....nothing compares to finding that old house and finding that shinny silver coin.....or that civil war button...or.....lol. Cannot explain it...don't know why.....love it

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rothman

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda makes you wonder whether finding a huge treasure, one that makes you rich, will even quell this...
I think it would make me worse!

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a breed for whom adventure is a calling, and there's little in history that compares to the quest for hidden treasure as the most intoxicating adventure of all. There are epic stories from old, and books and movies and TV that give those too timid to venture out a vicarious sense of it... but for us, it's got to be tangible. The reasoning out of where treasure might be, then physically pursuing it until we have it. It's no matter if what we find would be called junk or pocket change to others; to us, it's the fuel that takes us to the next what-if-might-be. If I never find wealth in material treasure, I've found wealth in my living by being one who is in the chase and loving it all.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a breed for whom adventure is a calling, and there's little in history that compares to the quest for hidden treasure as the most intoxicating adventure of all. There are epic stories from old, and books and movies and TV that give those too timid to venture out a vicarious sense of it... but for us, it's got to be tangible. The reasoning out of where treasure might be, then physically pursuing it until we have it. It's no matter if what we find would be called junk or pocket change to others; to us, it's the fuel that takes us to the next what-if-might-be. If I never find wealth in material treasure, I've found wealth in my living by being one who is in the chase and loving it all.

I can't just "like" this. That was very nicely said!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread