Why no Coin Shooter forum?

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Great idea we have a forum for Gold...and Water ...but no coin????.........A lot of us live were there is no gold.. and no place to water hunt...........And i would say there is a lot bigger area that is coin hunted than ....Water...or ...Gold ????.......Good Question SwampHunter...........==Jim_K==

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Michigan Badger said:
I think Marc had in mind the Today's Finds covering this but still it might be a good idea.

Badge
MB , But todays findes also covers ..Gold..Water & Relics ..And they all have there own forums.???...........................................==Jim_K==

OP
OP
S

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
The thing about today's finds is that you can't ask specific questions about coin shooting equipment.
Do a Google search. There isn't a site that has a coin shooting froum..... except for one and I never visited it. We could have a great coin shooter forum where folks could ask questions about equipment and techniques. I think it's a great ideal especially since there virtually isn't one on the net dedicated to coin shooting only.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
why not! we have forums for everything else and coinshooting is a popular form of detecting. makes sense to me. :wink:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We already have metal detecting and general discussion. Are you unable to just ask your questions in there like everybody else does?

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm somewhat with Bscofield6 on this one.

On the outside, a forum on just coinshooting sounds good. I primarily coinshoot...but usually for older coinage in a variety of places like old homesites and with the hopes of maybe...just maybe finding a cache.

Any information I find is generally under one of the 2 forums and actually, it seems to me anyhow, that GD and MD are quite similar as it is. I kinda like having most of my info in one or 2 general forums and really wouldnt want to lose some discussion in yet another forum.

If you want a new forum, start one for the question..."What Detector Should I Buy?" I understand newbies need to have that answered by the intelligent, experienced folks here...but that would really make it a lot easier for them. Most don't have charter memberships and can't search for the answer to that most common question.

But coinshooting...I think we all inherently do that and express it enough in the General Discussion and Metal Detecting Forums.

Al

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
bscofield6 said:
We already have metal detecting and general discussion. Are you unable to just ask your questions in there like everybody else does?
Well with that kind of thinking we should do away with the.... Gold Forum...& the..Water Forum...& the relic forum .......so lets get rid of all of them and just have ..Metal Detecting... ??? :icon_jokercolor: :violent1: :violent1: :icon_jokercolor:...==Jim_K==

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I agree with bscofield6 on this one: Seems that "coins" are the core norm. as an md'rs. Ie.: the norm. for md'rs. The other things are off-shoot specialties. "Coins" are the thing that like" .... well duh .... "what were you expecting?" Type thinking. Otherwise, would you add a "junk" forum next? Let's keep it simple. Metal detecting is by local extension "coins" as a/the main goal. Thus it goes on the metal detecting forum and other such "general' talk.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...ya know...  The relic forum, the CW forum, the Military Relic forum, the Button (Relic) forum...they don't get used much.  Why?  Because when folks post in them, their posts never get seen.

I would imagine a coin shooting forum could turn out in a similar way...

Might be useful to talk shop, but for showing finds, the posts would just sink down to the Bowels of Tnet without much in the way of replies.

For example, even though I'm a die-hard relic hunter that thinks coins are nice, I don't post on the Relic Threads.   :P

-Buckles

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Köln BuckleBoy said:
Well...ya know... The relic forum, the CW forum, the Military Relic forum, the Button (Relic) forum...they don't get used much. Why? Because when folks post in them, their posts never get seen.

I would imagine a coin shooting forum could turn out in a similar way...

Might be useful to talk shop, but for showing finds, the posts would just sink down to the Bowels of Tnet without much in the way of replies.

For example, even though I'm a die-hard relic hunter that thinks coins are nice, I don't post on the Relic Threads. :P

-Buckles
Could be you have something there...........................................==Jim_K==

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread