Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen a certain amount of paranoia in some treasure hunters, so I ain't offended at all by her post. I like to see the finds posted. I find lots of stuff but nothin I feel folks would want to look at most of the time. As far as poaching one of my sites, I ain't worried about that. In fact, over the years I've done a whole bunch of historical research, interviews, field surveys, etc., and know some sites that might actually produce a little somethin. I ain't never gonna get to em, so best of luck to you if you want them. Catch is you will have to wrangle permission to check them out. One in the Texas Panhandle I wish somebody would look at. (GaRebel1861 I caught that 'Bless your heart' remark. Hardly ever hear that anymore and I don't think anybody else understood what that really means!)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting damn sick and tired of all the requests from all you T-netters calling and PMing me about my horseshoe hot spot. I will never tell you or anyone that it's behind my home on an old dirt road going toward the Duck River. So PLEASE.... everyone... now hear this. This is MY special spot and you all should find your OWN horseshoe hot spot!!!
WAIT.....>:(
You gotta a special horseshoe hotspot on dirt road going to Duck River? :o
This is the first I'm hearing of this! :BangHead: Wait for pm...... and the phone to ring....... :laughing7:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Limit...but I think I'll pass!! I've got them damn things hangin' all over my fences....sold a box of 'em at a garbage sale...now I'm puttin' 'em on birdhouses for eye candy....whew!! Nap time!!:headbang:
And I'll pile on here also.... I'm getting damn sick and tired of all the requests from all you T-netters calling and PMing me about my horseshoe hot spot. I will never tell you or anyone that it's behind my home on an old dirt road going toward the Duck River. So PLEASE.... everyone... now hear this. This is MY special spot and you all should find your OWN horseshoe hot spot!!! Once I find the other 3 Golden Horseshoe's I might share this spot (Ga boy stole one).... maybe I'll share! I'll let you hunt T.C. I'm in a good mood today.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WAIT.....>:(
You gotta a special horseshoe hotspot on dirt road going to Duck River? :o
This is the first I'm hearing of this! :BangHead: Wait for pm...... and the phone to ring....... :laughing7:

Oh come on lady.... you can PM and I can decide to ignore ya (never have)... but don't give out that phone number!!!!! I'll let ya hunt... I give!!!! Damn it sucks to own a horseshoe hot spot... :BangHead:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detecting and bad ass just don't seem to fit together. Metal detecting and geek however, do seem to fit. The only thing that ever made me a bad ass was when I ate an entire box of Circus fun cereal. After that people feared me.

View attachment 1262738

FWIW...so did I, it became a quick lesson in the scientific effect of mass amounts of food coloring, coupled with the miracle that is our digestive system...I had never seen a rainbow in a toilet before.:dontknow:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yeah...... :icon_scratch:

:director: FOR SALE!
HORSE SHOE HOT SPOT HOT LEAD PHONE NUMBER
FOR SALE!
:director:

or trade for good cat nip..... :cat: :laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang and just when I thought I was getting close to figuring out where your horseshoe honey hole was. I was getting tired of sitting up in this tree with binoculars like Arty Johnson. Slinking away now. :tongue3:

Veeeeerrrrryyyyyy Interstinggggggg.

Laugh-in :tongue3:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, this went south in a hurry, didn't it? They always do when Jeff-Gordon participates though:laughing7:.
To the OP: I have heard of people's ideas and sites being pillaged by so called " friends " on Facebook, but that serves 'em right for using a girly-man site anyway:tongue3:. You will never catch a genuine Tnet badass on FB...just the posers!
Just FYI : Usually any pictures of finds I post are because I am a noob and dummy just wondering what it is that I have found. If you can find it, there are people here that can identify it with the aid of a picture of course!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
For a lot of members this site is an outlet to share what you have found and the excitement you experienced. Like the new guy who is all excited about the 22 cents and some rusted nails he just found in his yard. He post because he is excited and knows that we can relate. If you tell your coworkers they don't get it. Your more likely to get a blank look.
So keep posting what ever got you excited or made the hunt so great.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oh yeah...... :icon_scratch:

:director: FOR SALE!
HORSE SHOE HOT SPOT HOT LEAD PHONE NUMBER
FOR SALE!
:director:

or trade for good cat nip..... :cat: :laughing7:

If you don't split your profit with me... I'll post it myself lady. But you'll be lucky to get a nickle for it... I'm not that important except for my horseshoe spot. :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't split your profit with me... I'll post it myself lady. But you'll be lucky to get a nickle for it... I'm not that important except for my horseshoe spot. :laughing7:
YOU, are actually one of the most important ppl, I know of. :notworthy:

Like many here, who are of the same heart, we share...... We show and tell, laugh, cry, get mad, we run the gamut of life, not always agreeing, but respectful of each other. I've yet to see when one cried out, others were not there to offer a hand.
WHERE does one find THAT in life? :dontknow:

I know and have met some/many here, some I know, that I have not met yet. I love our picnics and get togethers, that IS fellowship with REAL PEOPLE, not a virtual internet world. I've had a little spam, but doubtfully actual "stalkers", lol. Not many, could actually put up with me, LOL.

So I find, there is actually treasure among treasures, not in the material objects that are found, but in the ppl, that are found. 8-)
That's the secret to real treasure, imho. :notworthy:

So I hope the op will also come back and participate, to the point she is comfortable.
Dog knows, there's way too much testosterone, flying around this place here! :laughing7:

eta: OH DOG, my eyes my eyes....... THAT wasn't THERE before I clickededed, oh noooo...... :laughing7:
GIB we got our own Canadians over here....... :laughing7:

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I think everyone looks good. Unless you act badly then you don't look so good.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So just was was the this about anyway?:icon_scratch:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea I hope she comes back and levels out...? Not everything we all post here is as serious as life. We ALL know when someone is serious, when something is serious and mostly when were kidding around like children... right?

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To each their own -

Seeing others finds gets my detecting itch into high gear - so happy others post their junk and jewels so it gives me a better idea of what I may encounter - lot of junk for each good find keeps me from getting frustrated pulling pull tabs and nails.

Don't run into many folks in my main hunting spot here in Yacolt - but to me it's a chance to chat them up, give out a few cards - 4 out of five of the old timers I chat with have given me great leads - where a old mining camp was, the gravel pit where Chinese worker mined the rock for the 1910 railroad, the old swimming holes.

No one I know is into detecting, so this board gives me a chance of community posting of my highs and lows - nothing "Bad Ass" about it - just sharing the joy and frustration with other who has been there, done that, and have the t-shirt.

Good luck on your hunts MM -

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's becoming harder to stay completely anonymous online these days.
Some cameras (including some cell phone cameras) can include your geographic coordinates in the JPG image metadata (EXIF data) without your knowledge.
Thankfully, many web-based forum strip that data, as well as other fields, before allowing the image to post to a public forum such as this.
But some sites do not.

Caveat actor.
Just to be sure, there's programs like Exifpilot that'll let you erase or manipulate the data. Great tool to add coordinates if your camera doesn't. And you can't beat the price!!

A funny example on how to test friends or potential partners. A friend wasn't sure if he could trust his friend so I changed the lat long on some of his site photos to a location two counties over. He sent them to his friend and went out to the bogus coordinates and sure enough his friend now ex showed up detector in hand.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, this went south in a hurry, didn't it? They always do when Jeff-Gordon participates though:laughing7:.
To the OP: I have heard of people's ideas and sites being pillaged by so called " friends " on Facebook, but that serves 'em right for using a girly-man site anyway:tongue3:. You will never catch a genuine Tnet badass on FB...just the posers!
Just FYI : Usually any pictures of finds I post are because I am a noob and dummy just wondering what it is that I have found. If you can find it, there are people here that can identify it with the aid of a picture of course!

hey old dude I always felt that predictable is boring ( so sue me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread