oyat

May 8, 2016
kuala batoeh
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
xterra 705, nox 800 , nox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
in general not easy to finds metal detector made in USA, event from AU minelap .
i never found user use tesoro in my country
china MD very popular in this year newbie who bought that got junk and false sound in view days there are not interest anymore in this hobby

some local store sale MD you will got price 3x or 5x from listing in ebay .

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My good friend uses one he owns two. What I’ve noticed from him and other users is the Tesoro user is a different bread of cat.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Somalia....these days I have a family.... Mozambique just needs more time to hone the corruption and crime to come up to par with central Africa:laughing7: . I agree drunken drops are the best. New years day I wish there were three of me!
What would be Tesoros business plan for the next 5 years?

Chub

I have no idea what their next five years would be like; but I would not go setting up shop in Mozambique. Far better places in Africa to set up shop of course, but already being into electronics you could try reaching out to them via telephone or mail. I would not set up solely MDing, but rather make it an extension of your current business affairs since you are already into electronics.

The few places you do find dont even list Tesoro, I find it hard to believe they can even keep their shop above water without selling other items as well.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been told it's a dinosaur, how do you know what to dig, etc. Stated in another thread when I was looking for my first machine, no one mentioned Tesoro. I stumbled across a 53silver video on youtube while looking at Minelabs.

I'm ok with people hunting near me thinking I have a dinosaur. I have said before I love my "fancy machines" but at the same time I truly love my Tesoro. Say what you will about the Deleon, but for coin hunting it's top notch. And the analog tech really takes the filter out of the picture. Something about nothing but the audio to deal with makes for more digs and more finds.
I still enjoy my Tesoros and hope they are around for a long time. They offer something noone else does anymore. If they went the way of all the others they'd get lost in the mix as white noise like most the others.

Remember a metal detector will find metal for most all brands that actually work. It's all about what you enjoy. But it seems that with new detectorist, the more bells and whistles the better. And I can understand that line of thinking considering they've never had a chance to try alot of detectors.
Heck, my first buy was the ace350. That was practically given away after my first couple hunts with my Compadre. No doubt the tech has gotten much better since then, but I'm very glad I stumbled upon Tesoro. I doubt I would have stuck with the hobby with that ace350. There are many options now for high tech machines, but for the new detectorist it's hard to match performance for $150-$250 range aside from Tesoro. Which is the furthest most want to go when just starting. Well unless you've had the chance to use other people's machines first. But starting "dry" most don't want to spend too much. And the fact that you can buy a Mojave for 250 and get all that ability is a great thing for people coming into the hobby.

Last edited:

Lewy

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero , compadre, outlaw, cibola, silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny thread. I think that aside from the Tesoro faithful on a few internet forums, the brand isn't even popular here in the US anymore. People I run into while detecting think I'm using something ancient.
I can only imagine how the brand is now perceived outside of the States.

Well tesoro is liked in the UK, there does seem to be a very healthy second hand market.
As for me I live for my outlaw

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread