Why water!

BennyBacon

May 31, 2015
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went detecting to a sandy beach like thing by a river. Got a couple of junk. Beer cans, bottle caps, and some more crap. Found a locket there though. We managed to open it. Back to the topic. Got a nice solid 7 inch and dug and dug and dug. dug a big hole for the detector to fit in and got a 3 inch. Water by that time was pouring in. Digging and digging my walls collapse. Urg I dig buy I dig to try pop it out but no such luck. Hope to go back later when there is lower water to try!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup. Let the water subside/lower and return.
I once tried retrieving a great signal that continually filled with water at the 9inch depth. In the middle of summer, I returned when ground was dry. Out popped one of my oldest coins.
Ya never know...
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
B

BennyBacon

May 31, 2015
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing was in the locket. But there was a space for a picture. Looks old. I might be able to post a pic in bit. Soaking in in vinegar and baking soda.

How old was the coin?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One alternative is to wait, as others have said. Second is to buy a sand scoop and try to dig the target out with it. Varying prices on scoops, but if you are going to do a lot of shoreline hunting, it will help. A waterproof pinpointer may help as well.

OP
OP
B

BennyBacon

May 31, 2015
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the sand scoop idea I will try it. thanks!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello BennyBacon,

I use the following sand scoop: "Kellyco Beach Brute Pro 2-Part Professional Long Handled Sand Scoop". It is expensive but has a extra large volume capacity and kick/push plate. I have had the pleasure of digging some very deep holes with it even if the walls are falling inward.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread