Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much is it worth ?

$1.00 ?

In the developed world, people have much greater confidence in their paper currencies because they’ve been brainwashed since birth to believe their currencies are sound

lucky1.jpg

Why we’re nowhere near the mania phase in precious metals

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to see $960.00 silver.

I buy at $4.00 per Oz.

I Liquidate at $1000.00 per oz. :laughing7:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I am as bullish on silver as anyone else, but we will never see $900 silver. Or I should say, if we ever do see $900 silver, that would mean the dollar is completely worthless and there will probably be no currency on the planet worth having, so if you sold what would they give you? If silver ever did get that valuable, there probably would be a "confiscation" and it would be made illegal to own, so even if you did not turn it in you could really never sell it without facing possible consequences.

I think the top we see in silver in this bull market is $200-$300 during the final, "mania" phase. And that would probably mean the dollar has lost most of its value along with the Euro, etc. By that point they would probably come out with a new currency of some sort. Probably backed by gold, silver and maybe other commodities. Prices this high would pull a lot of silver out of the hands of current holders and would cap the price at some point before it could get to 900 or such numbers.

Whenever commentators talk about the "historic" 15 to 1 silver ratio, they don't seem to mention that said ratio was established by governments. It was not a free floating market ratio. Having said that, from what I have read, the current amount of silver being pulled from the ground relative to gold being mined is only 7 to 1. So apparently silver's more scarce supply relative to price is not affecting demand. Maybe it will later?

Just my opinion.

Jim

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in all honesty Jim I agree with your conclusion, that $900.00 silver would mean
our currency is pretty close to useless. as a $900.00 tank of gas would probably be cheap.

However I Disagree on confiscation, & at least hope I'm correct.
even IF I'm wrong the black market would get mine quicker then anyone else :laughing7:
as no matter what the gov would pay for my silver, a silver roosie on the black
market would probably get me more

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
in all honesty Jim I agree with your conclusion, that $900.00 silver would mean
our currency is pretty close to useless. as a $900.00 tank of gas would probably be cheap.

However I Disagree on confiscation, & at least hope I'm correct.
even IF I'm wrong the black market would get mine quicker then anyone else :laughing7:
as no matter what the gov would pay for my silver, a silver roosie on the black
market would probably get me more
Jeff, The way the world is headed I recon you'll be seein a alot of that!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
back in the 30's most People misjudged & respected our Government.
they actually believed they had our best interests in mind.

many more of us have grown since then

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a good stack of silver dollars....but my pile of brass/lead could fill a safe. ;)

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I am as bullish on silver as anyone else, but we will never see $900 silver. Or I should say, if we ever do see $900 silver, that would mean the dollar is completely worthless and there will probably be no currency on the planet worth having, so if you sold what would they give you? If silver ever did get that valuable, there probably would be a "confiscation" and it would be made illegal to own, so even if you did not turn it in you could really never sell it without facing possible consequences.

I think the top we see in silver in this bull market is $200-$300 during the final, "mania" phase. And that would probably mean the dollar has lost most of its value along with the Euro, etc. By that point they would probably come out with a new currency of some sort. Probably backed by gold, silver and maybe other commodities. Prices this high would pull a lot of silver out of the hands of current holders and would cap the price at some point before it could get to 900 or such numbers.

Whenever commentators talk about the "historic" 15 to 1 silver ratio, they don't seem to mention that said ratio was established by governments. It was not a free floating market ratio. Having said that, from what I have read, the current amount of silver being pulled from the ground relative to gold being mined is only 7 to 1. So apparently silver's more scarce supply relative to price is not affecting demand. Maybe it will later?

Just my opinion.

Jim

Jeff,

I personally don't think we will ever have confiscation either. But if it were to happen, it would be because of a complete dollar collapse to zero, which I don't think we will ever see. I hope to unload most of my PMs before such an event would happen and use the proceeds for other things.

As far as the whole "barter" scenario or black market type situation, that might work in a really small, close knit town where there is much self sufficiency like farmers and such. But in any larger city there will not be any sustainable "barter" economy for more than a few days. The reason for this is nobody would want to part with life sustaining supplies for gold or silver if things got that much like Mad Max. Further, I believe 99% of society have no real preps to trade with anyway. Folks would be more interested in stealing your stuff than trading.

In a complete breakdown, there would be much looting and crime and such, just look at what happened during Katrina. Thus, like others have said it would be smart to have a means of self defense along with your PMs. Even in today's world which is fairly orderly, I recommend a person get their CCW license if they live in a state that allows such. With all the attacks and things going on now, imagine what it would be like if TSHF as they say.

Jim

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,

I personally don't think we will ever have confiscation either. But if it were to happen, it would be because of a complete dollar collapse to zero, which I don't think we will ever see. I hope to unload most of my PMs before such an event would happen and use the proceeds for other things.

As far as the whole "barter" scenario or black market type situation, that might work in a really small, close knit town where there is much self sufficiency like farmers and such. But in any larger city there will not be any sustainable "barter" economy for more than a few days. The reason for this is nobody would want to part with life sustaining supplies for gold or silver if things got that much like Mad Max. Further, I believe 99% of society have no real preps to trade with anyway. Folks would be more interested in stealing your stuff than trading.

In a complete breakdown, there would be much looting and crime and such, just look at what happened during Katrina. Thus, like others have said it would be smart to have a means of self defense along with your PMs. Even in today's world which is fairly orderly, I recommend a person get their CCW license if they live in a state that allows such. With all the attacks and things going on now, imagine what it would be like if TSHF as they say.

Jim

If the proverbial fecal matter hits the osciallating apparatus then a CCW license is really not going to mean anything. Not that I am not prepared mind you, but in that state
a piece of paper means nothing....

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the proverbial fecal matter hits the osciallating apparatus then a CCW license is really not going to mean anything. Not that I am not prepared mind you, but in that state
a piece of paper means nothing....

:thumbsup:

Paper ? I don't need no Stinkin' Paper :occasion14:

Lead will be the best barter Tool.

Cold Lead & Hot lead :laughing7:

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read here for insight from someone who lived through SHTF, read his comments on PMs.

Trading | SHTF School

It seems some of you have no idea how devastating a complete societal meltdown would be. You would not walk across town to trade a silver dime for some potatoes. Not how it would be at all. IMHO.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read here for insight from someone who lived through SHTF, read his comments on PMs.

Trading | SHTF School

It seems some of you have no idea how devastating a complete societal meltdown would be. You would not walk across town to trade a silver dime for some potatoes. Not how it would be at all. IMHO.
Ill grow my own taters...if youll sell me some fertilizer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions