Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creskol, precisely! The battlefield and campsites were visited the same year of the incidents all the way up to today! I saw a cool pic from Gettysburg where the heavily overcoated Yanks were posing on Devil's Den about 6 months after the battle. People including vets visit Normandy, etc. My last 1865 Indian cent was found on an 1864 battlefield. Grave diggers probably lost it. Lots of unemployed folks were employed by the Feds to bury the dead, as by war's end a lot were still left just lying where they fell. Evan as late as a couple years ago a lady was observing a groundhog hole at Antietam and found some buttons and called the park folks and they found a Mass. soldier and dug him up and reinterred him in Mass.

BTW war stinks.

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived a few miles from wilderness for many years , I recall digging a permission on the furnace Rd where I found military relics from the revolutionary war ,war of 1812, civil war and WW-1 . And dug another such site just across the river in Stafford county . both sites are near iron works furnaces. one was owned by Gov Spotswood and the other by George Washington.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread