goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, i hope that these will spike your interest. I have a good ghost book called Victorian Ghost Stories by Jo-Anne Christensen. The last chapter details weird articles publishes in 100 year old newspapers. Here are some interesting ones:

" A Human battery- (1886) Modesto, California, sept. 8- fifteen miles from this town resides a young lady who has developed into a perfect electric battery. A few evenings ago, while she was about to retire, she extinguished the light in her room, and in one quick motion rolled back the bed covering, when, lo and behold! the bed immediately Was turned into a sheet of fire. The young lady, much frightened, screamed "Fire!" and at the same time grabbed the bed covering in her arms. When the other members of the family arrived at the door of the room, they found her standing in the middle of the room in what seemed to be a flame of fire; but no sooner had the bed clothes been taken from her arms then the flames disappeared. Experiments made by the Young lady since have proved the she has become possessed by a vast amount of electricity, which shows itself at every opportunity. The young lady is not at all satisfied with the phenomena, as it requires the greatest of caution on her part to keep from starting up a small bonfire by the slightest movement of her hands."

as a summery- (1880)

Across the U.S., was seen a weird flying apparition at several places and times. "it was apparently a man with bat wings and improved frog legs. the mans face could be distinctly seen, and it wore a cruel and determined expression." this was seen at 1000 feet

I have many other stories that challenge reality and thought. Like the coast guard ship that encountered a wall of dust that stretched as far as the eye can see, the appearance of an entire ship that sunk several years ago (witnessed by the navy) and the comical tale of an alligator boy. If anyone shows any intrest in more stories, please reply.

HH
-GC

K

Kentucky Kache

Why don't you make a separate thread for these weird stories.
I like reading these, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
jbot said:
Why don't you make a separate thread for these weird stories.
I like reading these, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I'm all for that! Great tales!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread