cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you may remember I bought over 200 lbs of watches and jewelry at a yard sale and also that I tracked down that seller (who moved one week after her yardsale) and bought 70 more pounds.

I was going thru some of that 70 lbs last night and found this.

They are called Bilateral Posterior Spinal Rods
578085373_o.jpg

I found two sets of these "nuts & bolts" brand new. They are used to hold the spine together for spinal fusion.

Also found last night 2 pieces of gold and a GRILL (looks like 6 front upper teeth gang bangers might wear) it is reddish metal. I have not tested it yet might be gold but it is not copper.

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cyberdan, Ugh...so hard to look at this Pic...My daughter had a Full Spinal Fusion, 2 Titanium rods the full length of her back and 17 of these "screws"... This year she had to have All the "Hardware" taken out...such a scary surgery...She asked to keep some of the "Hardware" and they gave her about 4 "Screws". They look "Brand New" so what you have might be "savers" for your "Yard Sale Lady"...she may really want them and not have meant to "Lose" them...maybe ask if she wants them back.

My brother who is a Carpenter joked with my daughter and said "Wow, those look like IKEA screws"....Anyway, She's doing Great now.

MinerGirl

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do look like ikea screws. never thought of that. Good thing your daughter is better. I hope that solved the back problem.

These were just part of the huge lot of jewelry and watches I bought from an out of business CASH FOR GOLD company. I have thrown away a bunch of stuff in my 2nd batch. Found a pound of brass so far, that went into my recycle box.

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CyberDan, I see. From a business. Wonder if those are "Titanium"...Whats the Titanium market at these days?...Just joking. I heard one fella around here made over $9K in Scrap last year. Just driving the town every week etc. It certainly seems to add up.

Well, Thanks for the good wishes for my daughter. She's such a Sweetheart and she feels Alot better now!

MinerGirl

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Titanium is around $18-19 lb so neither one of us will get rich on those screws.

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Titanium is around $18-19 lb so neither one of us will get rich on those screws.

Maybe Thats why they didn't give my daughter all her screws back (or rods)...I should have weighed her before she went into the hospital..Haha Just Kidding. Wonder what she'd say if I told her she's missing a few screws..Ha...she's a funny kid. She makes us laugh with her jokes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread