Wife gets first silver ever and kicks my butt

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
Well Tracy and our daughter and I went yard hoppin yesterday and went through the no no no yes process and the first place we got permission to hunt was an old church site with newer church on it. Showed Tracy how to setup her sidewinder to pickup nickels and those lovely tabs and off she was. We dug probably 3-4 bucks in clad and in the last 1/4 of the front yard Tracy pulled out this pretty 1939-D merc, Her first ever silver dig :headbang: Well not much after that so we head across the river to indiana and start the process of permission no no no yes :walk: We stopped at an older house and nice lady told us no problem but if we get a bunch of gold she wants half ;D she also stated that her son also detected this yard years ago, which we soon realized after not many targets, I pulled a the compact from the yard and two Wheaties, we where almost ready to leave when I'm over on other side and Tracy yells over to me Honey I got an indian, I say cool babe what is the date? she says 1937, Me=huh ??? so needless to say she found a 1937 buff another first for her :occasion14: nothing else from that yard. We headed to another place near the old school house site and detected a home site, well after digging farm harness pieces and more junk I tell Tracy to try working the side of road and sure enough she hollars honey I think I got a wheaty but its really green, Well long story short she had an indian head penny but in really rough shape, I think I say date of 1890 but by time we got home I just tossed it in the olive oil and we'll see it a few weeks lol.
Well needless to say Tracy had a great day of finding several firsts and now these old sites have more meaning to her as she has the silver bug for sure :icon_sunny:
Now our daughter wants a detector like her moms :) Thanks for checking in on us and happy hunting! Ray, Tracy and the youngins

Attachments

• DSC03412 copy.jpg
    DSC03412 copy.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 566
  • DSC03414 copy.jpg
    DSC03414 copy.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 533
  • DSC03415 copy.jpg
    DSC03415 copy.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC03416 copy.jpg
    DSC03416 copy.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 530
  • DSC03417 copy.jpg
    DSC03417 copy.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC03419 copy.jpg
    DSC03419 copy.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 516
  • DSC03424 copy.jpg
    DSC03424 copy.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 512
  • DSC03422 copy.jpg
    DSC03422 copy.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 508
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Congratulations to her, my wife hasn't found her first silver yet, but she will. :thumbsup:

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs,

HH

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good for her,congrats.maybe if your nice to her she'll show you how to use your md :wink:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Congrats on all the first Tracy! Glad you guys got out as a family and had a good time Ray! That is the biggest treasure of all and sounds like you got them hooked well....now you know you got some awesome hunting partners! Congrats to you on the best treasure of any!!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wtg on the buff, and the deere ? I work for a John Deere dealer but don't recognize the ?.(don't know what to call it)

OP
OP
silverfinder37

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
Gonehunting said:
wtg on the buff, and the deere ? I work for a John Deere dealer but don't recognize the ?.(don't know what to call it)
Did a quick web lookup and found out this compact was made by "The Reich-Ash Corp" they started in 1922 if I remember correctly.
Thanks everyone for kind words, my wife is gonna be a great asset to this hobby and to me also as a hunting partner... She gots the book smarts and I got the..... Hey what did I get lol, oh yeah I got her :love4:
Happy hunting, Ray

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
silverfinder37 said:
Gonehunting said:
Did a quick web lookup and found out this compact was made by "The Reich-Ash Corp" they started in 1922 if I remember correctly.
Thanks everyone for kind words, my wife is gonna be a great asset to this hobby and to me also as a hunting partner... She gots the book smarts and I got the..... Hey what did I get lol, oh yeah I got her :love4:
Happy hunting, Ray

lol right answer lol :thumbsup:

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
silverfinder37.... Nice finds and it's great to see that the Family is also involved in MD'ing.It's always great to go out detecting with a partner.Thanks for the pics & good luck with the new season in swing!!

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Ray,
She was wearing the correct attair for that hunt. A sweatshirt that says it all -The Beast.lol
Congrad's on her wonderful finds, and for yours(her).
Joe

DFX-SCOTT

Mar 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
IT MUST BE NICE TO HAVE A WIFE THAT SHARES THIS HOBBY WITH YOU.
AND SHE IS GOOD AT IT TOO!!
:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread