Wife got me a Teknetics Mark 1 at garage sale

RoadKillDave

Aug 16, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
About a month ago my wife came in and said the she saw a metal detector at a garage sale for $25. I asked her what brand it was and she did not know. I have always wanted a metal detector since I was a kid so I told her to go back and get it. She brought it back and it turned out to be a Teknetics Mark 1 in the original box with with manual! I looked in the manual and the guy had written in the date of 1984 and he paid over $700 for it. I about had a stroke on the spot. I took it out the same day and it works perfect. I just found Liberty Walking Silver half-dollar the other day at about 7 inches in the front yard. I love this thing!!! ;D

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I had a Mark1. It was a great detector. The tone id is unbeatable even till this day. Good luck. Mike.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now that is one heck of a yardsale find you lucky dog

HH
Rae

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome deal!! :o If you wanted to sell it I am pretty sure you could get at least 200. for it if in nice shape. Those old Teknetics were awesome, the tone was great and you could tell by the meter if you had a silver coin or clad in the ground. I found a ton of silver with mine after I bought it in 1987. One piece of good advice I can give is dig the signals that read just below nickel, lots of times it's a buffalo or liberty nickel that is corroded, and seems like indian heads came in a little lower than a penny when corroded. Mine was a little hard on the wrist after a while, other than that I loved it, it really picked out the silver in trash laden ground!

I wish you the best of luck with it!

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread