Wife trumps me...again.

squirrelcop

Greenie
May 3, 2008
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 & Whites bulls eye 2
So, let me preface this with a disclaimer...I haven't found anything amazing, just a funny M/D story.

Im very much a novice at detecting. I received a Bountyhunter 202 from my sister-in-law's father-in-law. ??? My wife and I have been renting a farm house from the '20s, and I recently received permission from the owner to hunt our yard. So...I went out detecting the other day. I found a few nails, pull tabs, etc. Mrs. Squirrel-Cop comes out and asks to have a go. Her first signal ends up being a 1940 wheatie. ...I proceeded to pull up more nails and pull tabs.

fast forward to this afternoon. Mrs Squirrel-Cop and I go out again. I get a 1947 wheatie out of my first hole. The Mrs. then proceeds to go and immediately get a 1937 wheatie...just to show me up I think >:(

Im instituting a new rule at home...Im not doing any more of Mrs. Squirrel-Cop's digging...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
squirrelcop

squirrelcop

Greenie
May 3, 2008
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Jeep said:
Did ya clear that new rule with the Missus ? :laughing7:

lol...I did...but I have a feeling that I'll be digging for her the next time too. ::)

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Please tell the Mrs. that a little W-D40 will quiet down that squeaky handle on her shovel. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
squirrelcop

squirrelcop

Greenie
May 3, 2008
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Charlene said:
Please tell the Mrs. that a little W-D40 will quiet down that squeaky handle on her shovel. :thumbsup:

OK, I think I have some WD-40 around here somewhe*...HEY!!!! :laughing11:

Intodeep

Mar 14, 2011
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350, Wilson Neuman Daytona
Congrats on digging the wheaties, but all it's gonna take... is for the Mrs. to watch you dig something very cool that she located and she'll be hooked. She'll be digging like a non-destructive (hopefully :laughing7:) mole in no time at all......... :thumbsup: HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread