Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who's been out mining he Wild AM after the recent flooding? I came up here on Monday the 3rd and by that time the water levels had gone back down.
The stories I hear include:
- the campsites riverside at Twin Rivers were evacuated and underwater
- the water was almost to the bottom of the old green bridge at the Campground
- some of the guardrails upstream washed into the river
- the sound and rumble of large boulders washing downstream could be heard and felt in the campground.

My one dredging day was on the 4th, and by then the river was safe and the desired location was accessible (fortunately). Ran for about 5 hours at the clay layer along the shoreline and got a pretty good amount, including some chunky stuff. (Saved a few garnets too, even though there are a million of them).

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499260353.174998.jpg

If you have pictures or video of the river raging, stories of the flood or of your post-flood gold, please share.

- Brian

Upvote 0

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and Brian hit the Wild Am on the 4th. I have some flood pics to load unbelievable!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my wife came back to the campground phone starts going off, the radio, saying tornado warning run for cover! the owners running around warning people it was crazy! All the time we had blue skies a few clouds no biggie. I ran down and warned some dredgers. The it got dark and started to pour for 2hrs atleast torrentially. After the rain stopped you could hear the river moving kept sounding like thunder, rocks coming down stream. Go out side you could feel the ground shake and really hear the water people were going over to check it out WOW!!!! The highest I ever saw they had to evacuate one side of the camp ground near the river. It came up close to 15ft in about 1hr. One of the guys I know lost his 4'' dredge got some out but to river took the rest right out of his hands. Someone had a video of it 4 miles down stream doing like 40mph flipping end for end this bites. roads got washed out debris every where what a mess! The river it self change talk about a flush and restock here's a few pics the next day after things calmed down. 0701171832.jpg 0702170838.jpg 0702170859.jpg 0702170901.jpg 0702170839.jpg

OP
OP
brianc053

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son and I had a great day with you nh.nugget - thanks again for all the advice, and the great company!
- Brian

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good day on the river. Looks like you did alright I didn't do great but it was one of my better days good company, laid back pace, and still crippled! LOL! Any time give me a shout we'll do it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions