powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The plan was to stay home on the couch and study for work related exams. My friend calls me up and asks if I wanted to hit this new field. Said there was some military camps there in the 1800's. I suit up and head out. There were 4 of us hitting the ground. That when one of the guys, a retired cop pulls this huge thing out of the ground. He walks its over and its an ammo can wrapped in a plastic bag. We could tell there was something in it. He opens it up and there's a zip lock bags. One contain ammo, the other a Beretta FS92. We called it in and the police took it away.

IMG_6037.JPG

Upvote 19

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen that one before...

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You just never know what's buried out there. Thanks for sharing.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is an interesting find!

Locke

Oct 16, 2007
Someone’s going to be in for a surprise when they go to dig that out during zombie apocalypse....

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!! Now some cop has a free pistol. What do you think cops do when you turn something like this in?? They keep it for themselves or sell it for money.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post that's why I love this hobby every signal is like opening a Christmas box lol

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That a pretty sweet find... Thinking I would have reburied in a different location...

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe it belonged to the land owner ? there is talk of taking away our guns rights in the news.
some counties here in Va have declared 2nd amendment sanctuary status in light of the gun control talk coming from the Governors office.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
maybe it belonged to the land owner ? there is talk of taking away our guns rights in the news.
some counties here in Va have declared 2nd amendment sanctuary status in light of the gun control talk coming from the Governors office.

I have never heard of gun control sanctuary laws. Can you do some splainin? Just curious.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have never heard of gun control sanctuary laws (at least not in those words). Can you do some splainin? Just curious.

OP
OP
P

powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live on Long Island where the pain from owning an illegal gun far outweighs the knowledge that some cop may or may not take it.

Great job!! Now some cop has a free pistol. What do you think cops do when you turn something like this in?? They keep it for themselves or sell it for money.

OP
OP
P

powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The land was owned by the town and nothing has been there for years. It was previously a farm in the 1800's and we found the foundation to the house that the 1878 map says was there. On Long Island, if you have the stomach to go through the pistol license process and ultimately get approved, you would most likely not discard or hide the weapon in this manner. Doing this is criminal on LI.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Interesting. Never seen that before. I’ve pulled a few cap guns and they always freak me out for a moment when I think I’ve found a murder weapon haha.

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone at that 1800's military camp was playing back to the future with that Beretta:laughing7:

Well that's one way of getting around a background check, eh? Great finds! If the Po-Po don't find the owners, I suspect they'll return the guns and ammo to the finder? Only seems right.

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never heard of gun control sanctuary laws (at least not in those words). Can you do some splainin? Just curious.

We have quite a few counties here in Illinois that have declared themselves "sanctuary counties" in order to defend the 2nd amendment. That is, the sheriffs and officials will not obey any Federal orders to round up guns from law abiding owners. The past few years, its getting crazy with legislators virtue signalling to TAKE AWAY GUNS from law abiding owners. Absolutely loony. Anyway, you can read more about it here: Gun Rights Watch - Illinois Gun Owner Sanctuary Counties Just Keep Coming

gun sanc.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread