Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, this buddy stops over one day with pictures of an old house foundation.

Hard to get to? says I

No! says he.

Where? says I

Just take this two-track road...easy to find...just a short ways...not far...says he

So without checking any other documents, I drive all the way over there. Sure enough, the road is where he said it would be. So I drive in expecting this easy cool hunt....WRONG WRONG WRONG!

I drive in about 200 feet and the road is so bad I have to walk. I grab the detector and shovel and start walking...and walking...and walking.

After about an hour and several miles later I decided either I missed it or it's not exactly "not far."

I did have some fun however. I got lots of needed exercise and enjoyed a nice day in the woodland. Here are some photos I took of some old stumps still standing from the 1800's lumber era. A lone apple tree tells me I was close.

I did swing the detector on the dirt two-track and found 1 Memorial cent, a 30-06 shell, and assorted other junk.

I'll find the exact spot and go back next week.

To be continued.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Mona Lisa said:
Beautiful pictures....looks like a great day to be out in the woods. :)

I know what you mean, Badger. I've gotten directions to many cellarholes and people will always say...."it's right there. You can't miss it." Ya right. That's why I usually ask them to take me to it..if possible. Save's me alot of walking around in circles.

Good luck!

Isn't that the truth, Mona. I can't wait until somebody tells me about some cellarhole. I'll load them in the car and take them right out there. ;D

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread