Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot

gtfd47

Apr 10, 2007
Northeast MA
Detector(s) used
Whites spectrum xlt
Re: Will be @ hampton beach 28th & 29th of May

Should be alright, North Beach is cleaner. Its about 1-2 miles north of the strip. Salsbury beach is also decent, its about 1-2 miles south of the strip, Check out the state reservation (If you go here, hit Tripolis Pizza, its @ the Salisbury strip and the Tens, Its one of our finer Gentlemens establishments. Thats also @ Salisbury strip. If you feel like a little ride, 10 min south you can hit Plum Island. This is where that rip was a month ago. They lost 75 ft of shore 15 ft high.

Later Bro

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire

Well, did you find anything interesting? I couldn't make it out...

I haven't been out to Hampton Beach yet - well, I was out there - but, I asked my nephew to carry my detector while I gathered the kids and next thing I knew he was using my detector - I was dying - I just wanted to take it from him (oh well - I will be back...) - he was having fun... But, he didn't find anything...

Hope to see you all soon. What has everyone been up to???

JadeWhiskey (Crystal)

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll

jadewhiskey said:
Well, did you find anything interesting? I couldn't make it out...

I haven't been out to Hampton Beach yet - well, I was out there - but, I asked my nephew to carry my detector while I gathered the kids and next thing I knew he was using my detector - I was dying - I just wanted to take it from him (oh well - I will be back...) - he was having fun... But, he didn't find anything...

Hope to see you all soon. What has everyone been up to???

JadeWhiskey (Crystal)

Hi all,

I forgot all about the NH forum! I've only been out a few times all summer, been busy. I'm hoping to get out in the woods more this fall. I hit the beaches in the late fall and winter. Maybe I will see some of you folks sometime out there. I'm the 6'1" guy with the black ski mask, green rubber boots and a Minelab Explorer ll. Come say hi if you see me ;D

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful if you detect at

the State Reservaction. Technically it's off limits to detecting. If there are park rangers there they will tell you that you can't detect the beach.

Also be careful at Plum Island. Most of that area is National seashore and is protected as well. It falls in the same category as the Cape Cod National Sea Shore where detecting is not allowed. I don't take a chance at these types of places as the rangers can confiscate your equipment.

Hampton Beach and Salisbury beach are fine to detect and there is plenty of beach here to detect for everyone. I've never found an over abundance of trash. Just the usual amount you'd find at a beach. If your using a PI unit it will pick up everything, but if you can descriminate out the small junk and bobbie pins you won't have that much of a problem and will stand a better chance of getting coins and jewelry.

Happy Hunting !!!

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Be careful if you detect at

Mat in MA said:
the State Reservaction. Technically it's off limits to detecting. If there are park rangers there they will tell you that you can't detect the beach.

Also be careful at Plum Island. Most of that area is National seashore and is protected as well. It falls in the same category as the Cape Cod National Sea Shore where detecting is not allowed. I don't take a chance at these types of places as the rangers can confiscate your equipment.

Hampton Beach and Salisbury beach are fine to detect and there is plenty of beach here to detect for everyone. I've never found an over abundance of trash. Just the usual amount you'd find at a beach. If your using a PI unit it will pick up everything, but if you can descriminate out the small junk and bobbie pins you won't have that much of a problem and will stand a better chance of getting coins and jewelry.

Happy Hunting !!!

I never realized the State Reservation area was off limits. I've hunted there now and then the last few years - most of the time walking the shoreline from Hampton down to the beach there. I've been to Plum Island a number of times as well, and luckily had been warned ahead of time about the area not to go past.

I'll definitely keep that in mind about the State Reservation area though - the last thing I want to have happen is to get my detector confiscated - and I know they can do even more if they are so inclined.

Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread