Will EuroTek Pro work with rechargable batteries?

CC_IN_CA

Jun 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EuroTek Pro literature states "The detector requires a single 9-volt ALKALINE battery".
At $5 a piece, that could add up quick.

Rechargables tend to run at slightly less voltage than alkalines.

Will EuroTek Pro work with rechargable batteries?

NIMH?

Lithium?

The rechargeable lithium batteries like this look like a great addition, if they work.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My battery has been in my ETP for over a year and still works fine. I guess it depends on how much it's used.
Best of luck!

OP
OP
C

CC_IN_CA

Jun 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If lithium work, that ebay deal would be a no-brainer. $11 for two 9v batteries plus charger ... after one charge cycle they are paid for.
I've had gizmos that would only work with higher voltage alkalines. Hope someone who has tried it can let us know.

OP
OP
C

CC_IN_CA

Jun 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found the EurotekPro manual on line and it says NIMH rechargable batteries will work. Here is quote:

The EuroTek Pro detector requires a single 9-volt ALKALINE battery (battery not included).
Do not use ordinary Zinc Carbon batteries. Do not use “Heavy Duty” batteries.
Rechargeable batteries can also be used. If you wish to use rechargeable batteries,
we recommend using a
Nickel Metal Hydride rechargeable battery.

Looked up NIMH and Lithium 9V batteries online and both put out 8.4 volts so either should work.

Last edited:

Padiggers

Dec 6, 2014
Cherry Tree, Pa
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, Delta 4000, TC2X, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes the rechargeable NIMH work fine. Used many of the TEK line including the Eurotek Pro and I replace them when the battery indicator drops a few bars.
I keep 8 batteries charged so when my wife and I go out we have fresh ones in the detectors and the pinpointers. Take the other 4 with us just in case. They only last
about 8 to 10 hours compared to 20 hours on a regular alkalines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread