billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long are you willing to wait before you sell your gold and/or silver?

Here is a link that expresses an opinion Gold will shortly jump in large leaps and could double.... The "Bad Side" is if it does, Oil could go to $200 a barrel.... Since the average American uses more oil than gold, what does this mean for how your are planning for your future lifestyle???

http://www.caseyresearch.com/displayCdd.php?id=537

I've always heard that if the crowd is running towards something, one should be running in the opposite direction....

Bill

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesnt really matter to me since I dont trade in gold or gold futures... I see it this way.. I find the gold, it costs only what I pay in gas, parking, etc... Then I cash it in when I get a good little pile.. So most of it is profit, whether the price is $1000 or $2000 an ounce.. Of course, higher is better, but still, it's free money either way..

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Well said silversurfer.....why worry about getting top dollar for something you found. Although I wouldn't want to give it away....there is always a happy medium.

HH all
gregd

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold market is manipulated like the rest of them.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little differently though... Gold was the standard of wealth for thousands of years, only in our recent history have we changed that... Remember, you can buy the same things today with the same amount of gold as 40 yrs ago, it's just that the dollar has shrunk to the point that it "appears" that gold is worth more... Really just an illusion.. I hope someday we go back to the gold standard, our money would devalue less and although gold would "seem" to be worth less, it would really just put things on a more even plane, and our dollar would remain strong....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions