Will it be a Tejon or a Vaquero???

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own the vaquero. This is my personal experience with it.. I am ready to get bashed by some.
When I first got the V the depth was not as much as others report and I am still bothered by it. But I have hit Penny's around 8"+ with it. May be my soil I don't know, yes I have tried all settings possible. On deeper coins they will ring up lower on the disc scale but for me this is not a issue I dig all good signals above foil anyway.
The audio is only one tone. But the amount of info of this one tone is amazing. Once you figure it out. Use headphones! I recently went out without headphones and will never don't again!
The V is a pleasure to swing... Its so lite and balance well
Runs on ONE 9 VOLT BATTERY. which I find amazing.
Mine just kills nickels for some reason. Maby its that to many people cherry pick?
I love the vaquero and will never get rid of it. For the price I don't think it can be beat.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Northern CA - ?

I own the vaquero. This is my personal experience with it.. I am ready to get bashed by some.
When I first got the V the depth was not as much as others report and I am still bothered by it. But I have hit Penny's around 8"+ with it. May be my soil I don't know, yes I have tried all settings possible. On deeper coins they will ring up lower on the disc scale but for me this is not a issue I dig all good signals above foil anyway.
The audio is only one tone. But the amount of info of this one tone is amazing. Once you figure it out. Use headphones! I recently went out without headphones and will never don't again!
The V is a pleasure to swing... Its so lite and balance well
Runs on ONE 9 VOLT BATTERY. which I find amazing.
Mine just kills nickels for some reason. Maby its that to many people cherry pick?
I love the vaquero and will never get rid of it. For the price I don't think it can be beat.

Quite possibly lots of mineralization. I was detecting around Crescent City last summer... Hot rocks were everywhere and I needed to crank in GB to run my Eldorado quietly enough to make it usable there. You (I) lose more depth with GB set that positive than what you lose with disc turned up.
The higher frequency Tesoros, Cibola-Vaquero-Tejon, are very hard hitting in the middle (foil through tab) range, Tejon seems especially so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread