63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patience grasshopper, the weather will do its own thing in its own time. Do you have your research or new sites all taken care of with contacts made with agreements secured? I must admit -17 is a touch cold, even for an old Michigan boy like me. Good hunting..................63bkpkr

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have re- researched, my research, equipment is ready, Jeep is ready, I'm ready!! We have not seen 32 degrees in over a month!! and have had over 70 inches of snow!!!
Patience grasshopper, the weather will do its own thing in its own time. Do you have your research or new sites all taken care of with contacts made with agreements secured? I must admit -17 is a touch cold, even for an old Michigan boy like me. Good hunting..................63bkpkr

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove 150 miles to the land of no snow to detect yesterday!

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if I went South, 150 miles I would still be in the frozen tundra, just a different State!!
I drove 150 miles to the land of no snow to detect yesterday!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No more snow no more snow

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is bad is when spring comes and the snow melts there is going to be lots of flooding..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it will, I am at the very South end of Lake Huron, where it empties into The Saint Clair River. With the lake 80% covered in ice, when it breaks up and tries to get into the narrow river, that has a very fast current, it gets real ugly!!!!
What is bad is when spring comes and the snow melts there is going to be lots of flooding..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with you! It's been a LONG winter here in NE Ohio too.

Bucketfreak317

Feb 3, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 Whites BH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah yes my friend I to am grievous with the cold weather here in Indiana.
I watch they T.V. and see they weather man and I say I don't believe why you don't shut up...shut up !!! with all this talk of snow and rain of freeze,I am like with weather how do say in the english?
Hemorrhoid! :-)
But seriously I feel sorry for everyone in the east man were finally warming up here that means its time to kick it in gear with some prospecting and hopefully here soon some metal detecting hope your winter blues gets blown away with some serous good silver real soon.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking at 45 today in my part of Michigan, though there is a high wind warning in effect..joy my house will roll down the hill lol. One benefit of having nearly 4 feet of snow in my backyard is a snowy test bed so I can keep learning the Celtic flute concert my explorer yells at me...can't wait for spring.
Mike

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Warmer weather will come in a few weeks, I hope.

It has been over freezing the last 2 days, that is a big event.

This is Grand Traverse Bay today, it will be a little while before I get to try out my new WOT coil.

gt_bay.JPG

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks exactly like Lake Huron, I think I could walk to Canada!!
Warmer weather will come in a few weeks, I hope.

It has been over freezing the last 2 days, that is a big event.

This is Grand Traverse Bay today, it will be a little while before I get to try out my new WOT coil.

View attachment 948400

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks exactly like Lake Huron, I think I could walk to Canada!!

You probably could. The lakes are pretty frozen this year, although after the last couple of warmish days and wind, I'd be pretty careful.

Back in the late 80's we had a pretty cold winter and my friend and I walked about 2/3 of the way to Canada at Lake Erie metropark which is right at the south end of the Detroit river. There was a little spot of open water probably 100 yards in front of us so we turned back. In retrospect probably wasn't a good idea to be that far out. Still hard to believe they used drive across the river during prohibition for bootlegging.

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, darn it!! It was down to 68 this morning....and didn't get above 75 ALL DAY!

Sorry. Had to rub it in a little. :hello:

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, darn it!! It was down to 68 this morning....and didn't get above 75 ALL DAY!

Sorry. Had to rub it in a little. :hello:

I have a cold beer and a warm fire. Life isn't too bad.

Cheers!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah! We have 4 days of temps in high 40's and rain. Boo! It freezes every night, and the ground is rock hard still!

Thursday my truck almost ran over me, driveway had 14ft. of black ice, parked shut it off opened the door and put a foot down, and we started sliding backwards down the drive and I'm hopping and sliding hanging on to the door and steering wheel to keep from falling out and under the truck as it slid back down the drive...thank God for snow banks! That's what stopped the truck! NSA should get a good laugh from that one!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah! We have 4 days of temps in high 40's and rain. Boo! It freezes every night, and the ground is rock hard still!

Thursday my truck almost ran over me, driveway had 14ft. of black ice, parked shut it off opened the door and put a foot down, and we started sliding backwards down the drive and I'm hopping and sliding hanging on to the door and steering wheel to keep from falling out and under the truck as it slid back down the drive...thank God for snow banks! That's what stopped the truck! NSA should get a good laugh from that one!

I hear ya dealin with the Same here I went in reverse & tried to stop for a quick second just to slow down front of car goes side ways, im telling ya rear Wheel Drive cars not good in snow at all lol

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In Michigan that would be a "Hold my beer and watch this"!!! Lol
I hear ya dealin with the Same here I went in reverse & tried to stop for a quick second just to slow down front of car goes side ways, im telling ya rear Wheel Drive cars not good in snow at all lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread