Will sunray ever make a PP for the Atpro?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
No. They can, but they wont. Oh well. It's too risky, they cannot offer a product that retrofits into a waterproof machine, it just does not make good business sense, it's too risky, too much to worry about. They know that the thing will hit the drink sooner or later and they wont put up with that much risk. Okay, no prob. So, just buy a Garrett ProPointer. Viola!

OP
OP
A/CMan

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice to have one, but I see what your saying, but that's what's selling a lot is water detectors, there are more out there now than it ever was, it would be a huge seller, thanks AC

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that waterproof models make up ten percent or less of total machine sales. Anyway, if it is waterproof, sunray wont touch it.

OP
OP
A/CMan

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I will get a pro pointer, but that's another sell they lost, sometimes thinking outside the box is a good thing, it all boils down to giving what the customer wants, AC

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The connectors that Garrett use are propriatary. They won't sell them to outside sources. That is one reason than drove Garrett to make the headphone adaptor, everyone was bugging them to sell the headphone plug so they could make better headphones than what Garrett was offering. And why would Garrett "cut off" their own hand? They offer the Pro-pointer, a very good pinpointer. Also, with the AT-Gold & AT-Pro and the Infinium, as long as they keep the connectors to themselves, they have a captive market. They can control what is offered for their detectors... Hoestly, I'm surprised other manufacturers haven't done something similar.

OP
OP
A/CMan

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not saying it isn't a smart business move to do that , I think the sun ray on the Atpro would be fantastic, to have a PP that has a pro mode on it , grey ghost has new underwater headphones for it, so the adapters are out there ,

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not saying it isn't a smart business move to do that , I think the sun ray on the Atpro would be fantastic, to have a PP that has a pro mode on it , grey ghost has new underwater headphones for it, so the adapters are out there ,

Ok, I stand corrected. The GG underwaters for the AT is new to me. I know when the AT series came out in Nov. 2010, Garrett wouldn't sell the connectors to anyone. There are a number of discussions on T-net about that... I've also got a friend that builds coils and he was going to build some coils for the AT but Garrett wouldn't sell the connectors, that was 6-months ago. Now that its been out almost two years, perhaps they have started to sell to a few aftermarket companies.

Maybe Sunray doesn't want the liability of having to make a waterproof switchbox, knowing it's going to be submerged...

OP
OP
A/CMan

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They probably don't to much risk, would like to mod you that will work, thanks AC

OP
OP
A/CMan

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry bad typo I hate using the iPhone ,

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gray Ghost does not offer a waterproof headphone with the Garrett connector.
There have been some people that spliced a connector onto a Gray Ghost waterproof - that is not the same thing...

OP
OP
A/CMan

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
extreme detecting said:
Gray Ghost does not offer a waterproof headphone with the Garrett connector.
There have been some people that spliced a connector onto a Gray Ghost waterproof - that is not the same thing...

image-1501974725.jpg

BJ in Okla.

Feb 26, 2004
Central OK.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ's
Sun Ray

Sun Ray is a good company,,,but look how long people have wanted a inline pin pointer for the Tesoro's...
And Sun Ray use to make a charging station for the Explorer's,,, they don't make it any more,,,but they still make one for the Elite and GT....
It took me years to find one for my Explorer's.....Go figure...
Bj

OP
OP
A/CMan

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just seems that they would make more products that people want, or get left behind the other companies that makes PP, just good business sense, even if the water machines are only 10% of the detectors that's still a lot of money, either lead or follow or get the heck out of the way, AC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread