Will the banks put us out of business

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the price of silver stay high would it not make sense for banks and/or Coin processing companies to Clear out all the silver.

The heavy duty searchers on this site are just little flying insects to be swatted away compared to what these guys could do and do in an automated fashion.

Gold mining companies move a ton or more of ore to get an oz of gold. At current prices it does not make sense to re-roll silver coins and put them in circulation. I am hopping for a a major drop in the price at least temporarily.

I wish my boxes all had dates on them. It would be interesting to see how currently rolled and boxed halves are producing based a a box that may have been in storage for a year or two.

Upvote 0

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
the key is that the couriers make money off every half dollar box they deliver... and every bag/ box of half dollars they carry away. Therefore, culling the silver would cause them to lose a revenue stream. I'm sure the drivers of the courier trucks would love to cull the silver so that they could stop having to deliver the majority of half dollar boxes that they deliver now, but the management of the couriers is fine with the revenue stream the way it is. I am aware that some banks strike a deal with their couriers for unlimited coinage, but I don't believe this is the case most of the time.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, I'm not a CRH'er, but I have a few questions. First, won't you run out of silver coins eventually because there is a finite amount of them? Unless they are replenished you would think the end would come sooner or later. Next, everyone gripes about tellers, but why not organize yourselves a bit. If a bunch of you live in Chicago, or Detroit, or Phoenix, or, well some other big city, somebody or maybe two of you can take one for the team. Get a job as a teller and work from the inside where your buds can order from YOU, you can be the go to person that orders, checks, culls, creates a rapport with the Garda, Brinks or whoever guys. The real tellers would love you because they wouldn't have to deal with it anymore and you can be Capt. America of the search for silver team. Every process in one or two big banks controlled by CRH'ers. Now I realize that some of you are too young to get a job, but not everyone. Imagine Eminem working from the inside, being The Man, making nice and having as his only job the ordering and dispersal of all those heavy boxes. Nobody wants to deal with that job and I bet they would be relieved someone volunteered to do it. Everybody gets his fair share from a smiling teller in at least one bank per large city, maybe two or three. All facets controlled by you. It replaces the old hit and miss, hassle the CRH guy, bank refusal policy with an organized plan. Oh well, I'm just rambling along. And by the way, tellers don't make much more than minimum wage to start and getting a job as a teller is very easy...

Last edited:

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting idea austin.
The only flaw is that Eminem would bust a cap in all of his teller coworkers by the end of his first day.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard from a friend of my uncle's old roommate's ex-wife's paperboy's girlfriend that the FED is waiting for the price of Silver to hit exactly
$56.78
at that exact moment they will forcefully seize all silver coins and melt them.

You have been warned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions