Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We'll know by end of day Saturday, but now after Thursday's hunt the count stands at 19 December Indians from this Baltimore City park, which gave up 3 today.

Started this hunt with a surprise. Got out of the truck and walked around to the right rear fender to look down at the curb and see an earring lying in the leaves; it's a junker, but a good start.

Not much happened the first hour, some arc lamp electrodes and a small glass bead. Then I switched to the other side of the walkway and got a signal in the 90s. Down about 8 inches was something green and round. You guessed it .... another Indian head cent. But wait, there's another signal in the hole and .... another Indian. One foot from that hole I got a similar signal and again, a small green disc which turned out to be another Indian and the last coin of the hunt. In between these and my last find came a marble, a plastic button, kid's play ring, a piece of glazed redware pottery, and a lady's hairpiece.

Last target of the day showed up as "gold in the hole". I think it is a 19th century cuff button that is gold-plated; note the bent over shank on the back.

I'll be meeting a fellow detectorist at the park on SATURDAY as we explore another area there. We'll see then if Indian 20 pops out of the ground.
Finds.jpg

Upvote 9

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are at 19 now you have today and tomorrow to get the 20th. Go back to that park and hammer the ground. Dig every coin signal you get!
Those 3 indian cents that you already found look like they are in pretty nice condition! How old are they? The other stuff you found is pretty nice too!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice IH finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done sir!

That cuff button may be half a cuff link... might have had an oblong link between them.

Best to you in the field.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep on sniffin' 'em out! You'll make it!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are at 19 now you have today and tomorrow to get the 20th. Go back to that park and hammer the ground. Dig every coin signal you get!
Those 3 indian cents that you already found look like they are in pretty nice condition! How old are they? The other stuff you found is pretty nice too!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ya know....your post seems to indicate that finding that last indian for his quota is MUCH more important/desperate then it is for Mr. McCDig appears to be. :tongue3: LOL

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the injuns. I agree with Carolina Tom, that may be half a cufflink. Good luck with your upcoming hunt

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging three more of the tribe McCDig. :occasion14: I am surprised the TDI was in the 90's.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killin it great job my friend !!!!wasn't there a song like one little two little 3 little Indians for little 5 little 6 little Indians Any way keep it up !!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx VTColonialDigger! I'm scheduled to hunt tomorrow AM. So we'll hit the new spot and see if anything old comes up. The Indians from Thursday are 1881, 1895 and 1905.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Professor! Hope to stay in Indians tomorrow to start a new streak. We'll see what turns up in the woods.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Carolina Tom! I think we are all weighing in that the "button" is a cuff something. Definitely looks 1800s to me, but that be more wishful thinking than reality.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks WHADIFIND! We will be searching an area tomorrow that has produce some Indian head cents as well as some silver. Hoping that the other guys left something for us.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been awhile since I've thought about a monthly challenge total, but December has been a good month for me and I'd like to see if I can go all but one hunt without an Indian.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Art! Not many such buttons/cuff links come out of the ground looking as "golden" as that one.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx L-D! I was surprised as well and thought that the other target in the hole would turn out to be silver, but unless I missed it, no. This ground is littered with square nails, so I think it likely that VDIs can upscale.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Tommy! Number 20 would be sweet. Stay tuned.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna start callin' you "Chief"..............congrats and good luck on finding the 20th brave for the tribe!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread