Electricbutter

Jul 4, 2017
Turners Falls Ma
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had no idea what this was until I googled log cabin button. Looks like it’s a William Henry Harrison Campaign Button ca. 1840 . How cool is that?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1588044664.390919.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1588044677.779399.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1588044692.638413.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1588044753.986112.jpg

Upvote 21
If possible please give some historical background...I suppose I could look it up :)
Your find looks really interesting. A campaign...1840's... Thanks for posting this.

Last edited:
Very nice button. Don't know much about the buttons, but bottles associated with him and his campaign are extremely rare and valuable. Not mine, but I wish.

tip cabin.jpg tip flask.jpg

Nice Harrison button. His campaign tried to appeal to the common man who lived in a log cabin and drank hard cider, Over twenty years ago I dug two of his buttons on back to back signals. I haven't dug another one since, lol, but I did find one of his tokens.
Harrison buttons & Token.jpg

Well, it looks like it worked too bad he died only a month into his term. Now I gotta go back and look for a token,lol, those are really neat.

Very nice button. Don't know much about the buttons, but bottles associated with him and his campaign are extremely rare and valuable. Not mine, but I wish.

Neat! Gotta be one out there just waiting to be dug up...

Holy smokes thats freakin cool its in good shape also thats a great relic and display piece Well done on that prize

Congrats on a really nice find! I really want to find one of those but I have found one of the medalets / tokens. As far as I know it was one of the first political runs in America that involved merchandise to promote the candidate. Looks like yours is in decent condition!

Killer historical relic, congrats! :occasion14:

How Cool? I'd say that's very cool. With all this stay home stuff we're dealing with, I've been actually sitting down and reading books. Last month I read The Frontiersmen by Allan Eckert. Much is written of William Henry Harrison in the pages of this book.

now that was a nice surprise and one for your collection. Very nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back