St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
Finally got to the historic district. With no plan, I hit the local hotels and got permission to go behind their buildings. Nothing noteworthy unless you consider a “crack pipe” a great find.
My wife met someone in her seminar that had a friend in town. He called and I was given permission to hunt his home site. About a 3 minute walk to the heart of old Williamsburg. I was so excited you just couldn’t imagine. To think who had walked on these grounds. Coming from Florida, the history was a bit overwhelming.
I used both my CTX and my Etrac. The soil is tougher then I was expecting. Didn’t seem to want to go too deep. Would get an occasional target at 9 inches or so. The CTX did seem to be a bit more stable, using “Gonehunting's” program. I used TTF and other programs with the Etrac. Found about 20 wheaties. No silver except a 1939 1 Shilling with a hole in it. One no-date Buff.
Pulled up what I thought was a large cent. (never seen one in person) Couldn’t see anything on it. Cleaned it and it said Penniman, Va. with the Dupont logo up top. Turns out Dupont had an ammunition plant there in 1916-1917. 250 houses and about a 1000 workers. Penniman is about 6 miles out of town. Sold to the Navy in 1918. Turns out I found 3 of them that day, all in different areas of the yard. No idea what it was used for. No hole or pin.
Spoons were silver plated. 1933 and 1937. Also found a 3 pack "Merry Widows" tin.
Lots of nails!!!!
Barber was found at an Inn on the drive to Williamsburg.
Any help with dating any items will definitely be appreciated.
I will most certainly be going back!!!!
Thanks for looking,
Bunker

Attachments

• WB5.jpg
    WB5.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 106
  • WB7.jpg
    WB7.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 100
  • WB8.jpg
    WB8.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 86
  • WB10.jpg
    WB10.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 87
  • WB4.jpg
    WB4.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 2

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Williamsburg?!?!? A dream come true! Nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread