Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i got these bottles a while ago at a flea market, and i cant find any info on either one. :help:
the big wine bottle has the a large sheild with alot of decoration and the words "GARRETT'S AMERICAN WINES" in the decorative thing. below the sheild thing are the words "REG .U.S. PAT. OFF." under that it says "GARRETT & CO.INC." below that it says "ESTABLISHED 1835" below that "PIONEER AMERICAN WINE GROWERS" below that "REFILLING PROHIBITED" and at the bottom "NEW YORK" in the back on the bottom edge it says "CONTENTS 4/5 QUART, and there is no writing on the bottom. it is machine made, but according to sha.org, after prohibition, all alchoholic beverage bottles had FEDRAL LAW PROHIBITS SALE OR REUSE OF THIS BOTTLE. so, if im right, this is either from the late sixties, or pre prohibition. but i could be wrong...
the other little bottle is three inches hall and is embossed on the front E-Z STOVE POLISH DOES IT EASY MARTIN & MARTIN CHICAGO. on the back it says KEEP FROM FIRE SHAKE BEFORE USING, and on the botton ther is a 2. any ideas?

Attachments

• !cid__Photo0355.jpg
    !cid__Photo0355.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 303
  • !cid__Photo0356.jpg
    !cid__Photo0356.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 285
  • !cid__Photo0357.jpg
    !cid__Photo0357.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 333

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
The EZ Stove bottle are common. Polish for stove tops. We find them on a fairly regular basis in pits that date to 1890's or so. They have some nice heavy embossing. As far as the other, not really sure just yet. I will search for it! jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions