Wine decanter and a foul beast

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was walking through the crystal section and spotted a decanter that didn't look like the rest. I picked it up and searched the bottom to see if there was a makers mark. Didn't find anything so I sat it down.

I took a step back and compared the decanter to the rest of them and my spidey senses were telling me to check again, so I picked it back up and rotated the bottom so there was glare from the lights and out pops a waterford crystal acid etch.

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 777
  • Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 854
  • Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    363 KB · Views: 853
OP
OP
famous turtle treasures
Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think fine crystal and creepy mechanical toys go great together. On second thoughtI may leave this furby on some random road for a wtf moment. " Dude was that a furby?! "

Attachments

• Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    207.5 KB · Views: 859

J-dude

Sep 14, 2010
Greenacres WA
famous turtle treasures said:
I think fine crystal and creepy mechanical toys go great together. On second thoughtI may leave this furby on some random road for a wtf moment. " Dude was that a furby?! "

Haha...that would be freakin hilarious!!!

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was walking through the crystal section and spotted a decanter that didn't look like the rest. I picked it up and searched the bottom to see if there was a makers mark. Didn't find anything so I sat it down.

I took a step back and compared the decanter to the rest of them and my spidey senses were telling me to check again, so I picked it back up and rotated the bottom so there was glare from the lights and out pops a waterford crystal acid etch.

That's a good catch on the glassware. Thank you for the pics and especially the one that shows the acid mark of Waterford. Words couldn't have explained it as clearly as the time you spent getting that clear shot of it!!

Thanks for sharing,
Bill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

J-Dude,

I again want to Thank You for posting the "acid mark" for your Waterford piece of glass. As my wife and I were getting ready for having our own garage sale this weekend, she came across some heavy glass salt and pepper shakers she had purchase at a garage sale many months ago.

They just had that "feel"..... So, I turned over one of them, stepped out into the sun, and began turning it. Suddenly, out popped "Waterford" in a fine etched lettering.... Those things sell for lots of dollars!!

Thanks, again.
Bill

P.S. The salt shaker's lid had a green tinge to it because it had reacted to the table salt and would not unscrew for Heaven or Earth.... After several ways of trying to get the lid loose, success came using WD-40 and letting it "soak". No marks, no cracked glass, and the solvent smell washes away with dishwashing soaps....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions