Winging it at a Park in another town.

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Hi gang! Technically it's Monday the 8th but this post is about Sunday the 7th. I was playing chauffeur today, delivering my wife to an awards ceremony of sorts that she was attending for her volunteer group N.A.M.I (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill). While not participating or attending myself I thought I'd take advantage of the time and location to hunt in one of that City's parks. This town is only about 15 minutes from where we live so it's not like it's a long way off, just down the road a bit. Thinking of having lunch and doing some detecting, we arrived in town a couple of hours early. Settling on one of the larger and newer parks I found a nice shaded parking spot and geared up. This park has it all ! There's lighted tennis courts, a skateboard area, lighted baseball/softball field "complex" with concession stand/bathrooms, picnic areas in shady spots all around the park, a large tot lot atop a hill over a foot bridge crossing a small stream, and a large open gently sloping hillside overlooking a permanent covered stage... kind of like an amphitheater. What? No Swimming pool? <shrug> Oh well, I guess it didn't have it all after all. Oh well. As I was saying I geared up and attacked the hilltop tot lot... detecting on my way up the hill, and finding clad in the process. A good sign!
Finding lots of clad in fact, A lot of pennies anyway. Finding a few doodads too, like a child's watch.. (My Wish) brand.. never heard of that before.. made in China, but no lead paint I think. <grin> I found an ever valuable zipper pull about three inches down in the woodchips, and my first wing. I'm not talking about a "wing" as in a "wealy" neat or expensive piece of "jewelwy", but rather a Wing as in die cast bird appendage. Or perhaps Unicorn or dragon or action figure appendage, whatever it is I couldn't find the rest of the figure, just the one wing. I also found a small locket! Not a "space locket" or "leally expensive piece of jewelwy".. <grinning> Ok Ok Ok.. my head is starting to hurt too..and my tongue is twisted, like my mind. <laughing>
A girl or young lady seems to have lost this little trinket of a locket, there was nothing in it, and it doesn't appear to have been "off the hook" or chain very long, as it was on top of the ground, just down in the grass. Not sure what kind of metal it is, but it's not silver.. *sigh* Oh well, I had fun finding it and all the other treasures today. All told I found $4.75 in clad and these little doo dads.. and a BUNCH of pull tabs and can slaw in just under two hours. I don't think this park has been detected or not much at least. You can bet I'll be back next chance I get. That hillside overlooking the amphitheater/stage is especially inviting. Sometimes it's good to get out and find new places to hunt!

10-07-07 001.jpg

10-07-07 002.jpg

10-07-07 003.jpg

H. H. all !

Frodov

Upvote 0

Capt Jack

Sep 30, 2007
Mount Dora, FL
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Great story well written I really enjoy all the details only hope I can do as well when it's my turn to post. Fun finds HH

hybrid_XLT

Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you found one of those new Jefferson nickels? I check my change all the time for them...keep hunting..-Robert

James in Alabama

Jun 27, 2007
Lincoln, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE with Sunray X1 Probe and Whites XLT E Series
WTG Frodov! Congrats on the finds. Glad you found another spot to detect.

HH.....James

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good clad day. I like the locket. Nice find. Congrats on making the top 25. ;D

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
A thoroughly enjoyable story as usual. Nice finds for a short period. Keep up the great story telling!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread