Winter is here....I'm calling it season over

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First season metal detecting for gold and happy with results. Got out Feb-March last winter 2-3 times(?) sluicing because FS won't allow sluice in river (they ain't up there mid-winter...lol) and this is the sluice results from Montana claim. Detected gold was all with the Gold Monster and came from 2 locations in Idaho and 2 in Montana. Can't remember exact weight but detector gold weighed right at .7 ozt. Possibility I might be able to squeak in 1-2 more detecting trips but have already driven thru snow and it's starting to stick down low...we'll see? Get out and get some if you still can.....!!!!!!

2018 total.JPG

totals2018.JPG

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First season metal detecting for gold and happy with results. Got out Feb-March last winter 2-3 times(?) sluicing because FS won't allow sluice in river (they ain't up there mid-winter...lol) and this is the sluice results from Montana claim. Detected gold was all with the Gold Monster and came from 2 locations in Idaho and 2 in Montana. Can't remember exact weight but detector gold weighed right at .7 ozt. Possibility I might be able to squeak in 1-2 more detecting trips but have already driven thru snow and it's starting to stick down low...we'll see? Get out and get some if you still can.....!!!!!!

View attachment 1650918

View attachment 1650919
FS won't allow a sluice in the river?

hope you got that in writing?

OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They use the bull trout as an excuse to basically make a claim useless to the hobby guy and/or any serious mining. I was just a retired guy trying to enjoy some time on the river with a bucket, #2, AM sluice and on my 2nd day sluicing after I'd gained access to a claim here they come. I couldn't believe it, by the time it was over I couldn't move any boulders, touch any tree roots, alter the course of the river (yeah right, an old man with bad back and a #2 is gonna alter the course of the river), etc., etc. All I could do was laugh in disgust when they saw my 29" AM sluice and said it also had to come out of the river. I pretty much walked away from the claim in disgust and now use a detector in other areas as this claim/river isn't noted for many nuggets anyways. Ain't got the time to fight with them or play politics, etc. I'll return eventually, classify some bucket fulls, look both ways, quickly run thru GGT when they ain't around....lol Detecting is much easier on me, less gear to pack, don't need water, could care less about fluctuating rivers, flow, etc. so in a big way the FS actually helped me with their crap...….

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice finds, and pretty gold.

The pieces in your palm look like they would weigh lots and lots of grams. Did you find the ones in your hand with your detector, and if so, you've done very well indeed.

Thanks for sharing, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you find the ones in your hand with your detector, and if so, you've done very well indeed.

Thanks for sharing, and all the best,

Lanny

Thanx Lanny......yes, gold in hand is the detected gold.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
very nice nuggets. good work

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pics. That's what's it's all about. Good job with the detector.

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
how does a guy go from a detector newbie to part of an icmj article in one year??? :notworthy:

OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how does a guy go from a detector newbie to part of an icmj article in one year??? :notworthy:

Haven't seen the article but was asked by a man who writes for them if he could use some pics as we hunt together often. I told him to feel free to use them as he has helped me a bunch and also put me on some gold!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't seen the article but was asked by a man who writes for them if he could use some pics as we hunt together often. I told him to feel free to use them as he has helped me a bunch and also put me on some gold!

Nice of you to be so generous.

Great finds by the way; that's some sweet looking gold. You're rocking it with your detector.

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding gold like that Id be out there in the winter with a blow torch.. lol