Winter outing in Denver

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out yesterday for an hour or so before sunset. I had sample panned this site in the fall and have been wanting to go back with a sluice. Got good gold and will post that to this thread once I get a picture of the total. Only lasted about 1.5 hours before my toes got numb! That snow melt sure is cold!

BTW, does anyone have recommendations for a snuffer bottle that stays flexible at colder temps? Mine was getting pretty inflexible and therefore not working so well in the cold.

I shot a bit of video on my iphone, here it is on youtube: it includes a view of the gold at the end.

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try one made out of silicone if they exist. Stays much more flexible at colder temps.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I certainly did bring the cons home to finish the processing (the snuffer was just for the gold that sat down on the slick plate)...I pretty much always do - so as to use my time at the river for digging! This time I ended up with 7/100 of a gram which is ok since I did not get down to the creekbed. I will have to go back to finish my hole and see how the gold is at the bottom :D

PS: I added the video to my original post, go have a look! I ended up using windows MovieMaker which is a free download and very easy to figure out.

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice vid - Kevin, you could try to keep the snuffer bottle next to your snuffer inside the pants - "Hey Marge, turn up the thermostat, its getting chilly in here!"

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL Funny but ya that might work :)

With my luck it would leak leaving me with a wet spot you know where ;(

PS: thanks for the positive comments, that was my very first video ever posted!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread