Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone looking for a detecting buddy somewhere round these parts? Just got a detector today and am eager to find something, today I found 2 rusty nails and an old can. haha hoping I can find better spoils in the future.

Are you strictly land or do you hunt beaches too?

Welcome to TN..

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

OP
OP
F

Fisharey

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2014
Winter Park, FL
Detector(s) used
El Cheapo?
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll still try anything... Haven't ruled out anything yet. Why would one pick one over another?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll still try anything... Haven't ruled out anything yet. Why would one pick one over another?

By the detector you use.... Salt water beaches takes special detectors to be able to handle the salt minerals...

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison

OP
OP
F

Fisharey

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2014
Winter Park, FL
Detector(s) used
El Cheapo?
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the detector you use.... Salt water beaches takes special detectors to be able to handle the salt minerals...

― James Madison

hmm I see, I just got me an el cheapo so I suppose I dont know anything just yet... so much to learn just to dig, interesting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmm I see, I just got me an el cheapo so I suppose I dont know anything just yet... so much to learn just to dig, interesting

The salt in salt water is made up of minerals, basically metal, cheap detectors not designed for salt water sees the salt as metal and thinks it sees metal everywhere and constantly gives false signals...

― James Madison

OP
OP
F

Fisharey

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2014
Winter Park, FL
Detector(s) used
El Cheapo?
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but if used on the sand and away from water would be ok, unless all the sand is coated with salt from water at some point or another?
Thanks for clarifying that for me ;)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but if used on the sand and away from water would be ok, unless all the sand is coated with salt from water at some point or another?
Thanks for clarifying that for me ;)

As long as you hunt above high tide line and there has been no recent beach storms which cause higher than normal high tides making all sand wet sand to seawall.

― James Madison

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread