May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cycled to the field we were on yesterday & started without Dad for about 4 hours & he joined me for the last hour of light. I was beginning to grid out of the most productive Roman Area and into an area we have not had much in the past. But I still managed a few good finds. I had met the farmer 2 hours into my hunt, he was patrolling looking for Night Hawks, as he has had some recent trouble. I was glad of his policing, as I dis-like this activity, as much as him, plus he told me about a load more land that is left for winter stubble :thumbsup: Therefore, when Dad arrived, we marked off & went to explore this new area. Glad we did, as Dad got a nice Roman Brooch :thumbsup: (& a 4 hole button) :wink:

Livery Button
18th C Pewter Military - too far gone for an ID :tongue3:
18th C plated cufflink :)
Georgian Furniture piece (ladies head)
Cloth Seal
Lead Token
5 Scrappies
Cut Hammered (Henry III) :headbang:

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 837
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 846
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 843
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 830
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 848
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 841
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 830
Upvote 0

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did well! And another nice livery button! Do You dig them on a daily basis now? :tongue3: You had stormy weather too?

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today he has three quality findings Museum. :thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:......as usual!!!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Westfront said:
You did well! And another nice livery button! Do You dig them on a daily basis now? :tongue3: You had stormy weather too?
It was windy, but fairly warm,,,

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done!

All the best,

Lanny

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, You quite often mention "Night hawkers" kind of sad to live in a place with so many dishonest people yet on the other side of the pond as they call it .To go mding armed sounds no so good either.

tinpan

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
davesx said:
Looks like it was tough going, but great find with the cut half.
I got it just as Dad arrived, hammered in this field are pretty rare only had 6 or so in many years of searching. It is a really nice unclipped & nicely struck example, & it will go to the farmer, to off-set some of the pieces/coins I want to keep.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as high as that grass is and you found all them? thats great, just never heard the term nighthawkers, is that burglers or poachers? ...thats why this hobbie is so great, we dont carry bullets, just batteries.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
prolab69 said:
as high as that grass is and you found all them? thats great, just never heard the term nighthawkers, is that burglers or poachers? ...thats why this hobbie is so great, we dont carry bullets, just batteries.

Like poaching but in detecting terms, it someone who goes on land without permission of the landowner, mostly at night but quite often during the day as well. Its a form of stealing which gives us a bad name & makes it harder for the honest detectorist to get permission. Although because our reputation follows us, it sometimes works in our favour, as those that get a problem come to us to find out what is on their land.

derfel

Feb 6, 2008
some nice bits I like the little cufflink, whats the coin thing with the holes? is it one of those whirlygig toys? damp grass that high would always give my coil false signals used to drive me nuts, dont get that anymore on the river :)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
derfel said:
some nice bits I like the little cufflink, whats the coin thing with the holes? is it one of those whirlygig toys? damp grass that high would always give my coil false signals used to drive me nuts, dont get that anymore on the river :)
Its a Georgian Halfpenny, but I think the holes are wrong for a Buzz Disc or 'Whirligig', so no idea what they made :dontknow:

The Cortes is bad on wet grass (false signals), but my XP is fine :thumbsup:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft:

Good time of year for stubble :wink: the land has had plenty of time to settle, and there should be a few more nice finds there :thumbsup:
The brooch is always a welcome site, and boosts the chances from every period :icon_thumleft:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread