Wireless bluetooth headphones for DFX 300

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this set-up on the Whites forum, and then ordered all parts from Amazon for about 80.00. Should work on just about all detectors with stereo output jack.

TaoTronics TT-BA01 Wireless Portable Bluetooth Stereo Music Transmitter (Not A Bluetooth Receiver) for 3.5mm Audio Devices (iPod, MP3/MP4, TV, Kindle

Bluetooth Headphones: Headset Wireless Foldable Folding Super Bass Stereo Earphones with Noise Cancelation Microphone & Rechargeable Li-ion Battery fo

Cable Matters 5-Pack, Gold Plated 6.3mm (1/4 inch) to 3.5 mm Male to Female Stereo Adapter I ordered this 5 pack as the price was about the same as 1 standard adapter.

The original poster reported success in all conditions with no signal lag.:occasion14:

Check out this page where it talks about the lag.. as .2 to .5 seconds. This will make MD a little difficult. It's about half way down with the yellow sign with the snail
Taotronics Product Guide

.5 is 500 ms
so if you are swinging at 2ft per second that is 24 inch per second (1000ms)
24/1000 = .024" per ms
.024 x 500 ms delay = 12" so when the coil sees the target and sends the sound, your coil will move 12" before you hear it.
a 50ms or less delay would be 1.2" an probably work well but the unit you purchased will probably not. Hopefully I am wrong please let us know when you get to try it.

Last edited:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, pinpointing with a concentric coil would be fine, however if you have a DD and use the wiggle back method...
I am interested to hear. I use a FM transmitter but am always looking to improve. My DFX was effecting the transmitter when I had it on the box, maybe it was because the coil was bad, but when the machine was on, 104.7 and surrounding frequencies were blanked out on the walkman without the transmitter being on. So I would like to find something that runs at a much higher frequency than commercial FM.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
even though I already have 2 transmitters that work I am going to purchase this unit and give it a go. http://www.amazon.com/Signstek-Tran...8&refRID=0Q0QPBCHKANX68M4TKDX#customerReviews
The fact it can be switched to mono (much quieter and cleaner than stereo) is a plus for most MD and since it is really build for over seas uses has higher output power than you would normally get with US certified units. With multiple output power setting once can use the lowest and stay legal or crank it up should there be interference. It also appears to have input volume control and uses a rechargeable battery. The emphasis is 50us European not the US 75us so the high end will be a bit subdued but not high end frequencies with MDs..
Not as water resistance as my home made unit but for $40 with no delay and the use of any portable fm device for receiver and use of any headphones you can plug into the walkman/portable radio it is worth a shot.
Will post back when I get it.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried the tdk wr700 Bluetooth headphones and they caused a lot of false signals and the transmitter would fade out and cut off and on if you looked the wrong direction ,so went back to the jolly Rodgers.vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread