Wireless Bluetooth Headphones?

OP
OP
vondrewvious

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine
It does not have built in Bluetooth. The headphones come with a little module that you plug into your headphone jack.

Attachments

• bt.jpg
    bt.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 1,208

xtimgx

Mar 17, 2006
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
In theory it should work. The detector won't know the difference me thinks. All the extra parts are based in the transmitter and headphones, nothing to do with the detector. Let me know how it works.
-Tim

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
This topic has been discussed several times . I think the wireless bluetooth phones have a lag time that doesn't work well on detectors . Kellyco was selling wireless phones for detectors but someone on here posted a while back that they weren't selling them anymore . Wouldn't hurt to check their website . If you scroll on down this page you
will find some posts about wireless phones & page 2 of this forum has some . If you click on detector modifications
at the top of this page there is also a topic or two about wireless phones . Good Luck

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
I have a pair that I've been using on my XT70, seem to work ok, haven't noticed any lag time, seem to have more volume adjustment than my Grey Ghosts. Have only been out with them a couple times so far, but they seem to be working fine.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using them, too. No lag time.

OP
OP
vondrewvious

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine
Can I ask what brand you guys are using? Are they the ones that Kellyco used to sell or are they just generic home stereo models.

Thanks
von

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I was refering to the bluetooth brand having lag time . I also had a pair of those radio shack phones
& didn't have a problem with lag time but the volume was really weak using them with my detector .
Some other people seems to have no problem with the radio shack phones on their machines . I think
they work ok on some machines & not as well on others . That's why I suggested he read previous posts
on this topic .

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
WV Hillbilly said:
I was refering to the bluetooth brand having lag time . I also had a pair of those radio shack phones
& didn't have a problem with lag time but the volume was really weak using them with my detector .
Some other people seems to have no problem with the radio shack phones on their machines . I think
they work ok on some machines & not as well on others . That's why I suggested he read previous posts
on this topic .

I had the same ones...worked great with my Ace...I brought 'em back though...because the they were too uncomforable to wear...poor design..IMO...but I see at the Radio Shack web page, they've got some other models since I got mine...I might try another pair...

WV Hillbilly...maybe something wrong with volume control on them?...wouldn't think weak volume would be a problem with them...but I don't know enough to be sure... :-\

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I have a set from Kellyco, while they do work, there is too much chatter from them, but no lag time

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
I posted that I used Blue Tooth with no problems, but after using them awhile, I started having problems with the XT70, and stopped using the headphones,

alexmorganid

Feb 4, 2013
Killeen
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Local pawn shops have got a range of wireless headphones for detectors. Just check them out.

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
I found I hadn't charged mine right, and now they work fine, have for a long time

TC-NM

Jun 8, 2008
Sunny AZ
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro & Spectra V3i / White's E Series 9000 & Sunray Pro Golds HP's / Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT/ White's digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones that Kellyco used to sell were Macally (Bluewave), the ones pictured in your previous post above. At the time, they were expensive from Kellyco. I did a search and found a pair for 30 bucks, more than half priced. I liked them so much I bought another pair as a back-up. The only issue I have is they eat up AAA batteries quite fast. And yes, there is a little lag in the sound but I can't really tell the difference in 1/4 to1/2 second while pinpointing. To me it doesn't really affect my detecting.

They are quite comfortable and light weight. I don't know if Macally (Bluewave) still makes them. You may have to do some searching for NOS. If I remember is that Macally made these headphones specifically for ipods and such. Not for metal detecting. They are not heavy duty like most detector headphones today.

Hope that answers your question.

TC-NM

Can I ask what brand you guys are using? Are they the ones that Kellyco used to sell or are they just generic home stereo models.

Thanks
von

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread