wireless electricity is here

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Wireless electricity has been around forever...it's called lightning. Millions of volts and 10-20,000 amps. Radio noise from space comes our way too, although this is in picovolts. Quite a range.

Carrying large amounts of current through the air to power appliances means overcoming the resistance of air, which is far higher than a metal conductor. Maybe for small, low current devices that are hard to wire, but for everyday use?

Of course, after we perfect room temperature super conductivity, things may change. ;D

Don't tear the wiring from your house just yet though. :icon_sunny:

Jay

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
As I hear it, both Tesla and edison were dependent upon Carnegie for funds to continue their experiments.
Edison worked on dc current, transmitted by wire.
Tesla worked with ac, transmitted sans a wired grid.

Carnegie, a welthy businessman could see that the source of power could easily be identified by the wires.
Hence, profit could be made, because the source was easily identifiable.

Tesla lost his funding... even though his concept was superior.

Then, it became necessary to convert the fledgling systems operating in dc mode to ac, (tesla's concept),
because it was found to be superior.

I am not so sure wireless transmission of energy is such a good idea.
There have been identifiable anomalies and significant health problems in humans with range of
spurious emissions from city transformer systems, and in big buildings near the power rooms.
Not good to put your poodle in a microwave...

It's also known that high frequency radio waves affect vision first... kinda cooks the eyeballs.
There was once quite a bit of concern that cell phone use might be a potential threat, but it has been declared that the power evels are low enough that it should not be a problem.
Yet there's a lot of companies with many $'s riding on that question.

Some handheld ham tranceivers have an output as much as 5 to 7 watts.
Extensive use could cause damage...

I think I'd just as soon keep it a wired world!

Best
rmptr

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Just on the face of it. So I want my 200 amp service "miracled" into my house w/o wires. Do you want to be the neighbor between my house and the source? oops, that'd make you part of my grid. Sorry.

Suddenly you all look like bugs, it's night time back in the 80's and the bug zappers are going crazy!!!

Good thing I brought beer!

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Careful to only play with plastic toys outside, kids. The neighbors hooked up his new service. :o

lightning-bolt-hits-home-thumb.jpg

Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread