wireless head phones

itsmymind

Nov 25, 2009
SE Ks.
Detector(s) used
MXT
I just bought an mxt off ebay. I haven't even got it yet but I know that it does not have a headphone with it. I was checking the post here and came across this.......
Well I broke down and bought the Radio Shack # 33-1253 wireless headphones. I took them out this afternoon for a few hours and they work great on my MXT. I had to buy a 1/4 x 1/8 jack adapter to make it work, but no problems. No lag, interference, etc... I also bought the replacement warranty. It was great to hunt without a cord dangling down. .......

I thought GREAT! no wire to get tangeld up in. Then I started thinking that the mxt would have to have bluetooth capability for that to work. Or not,I don't know. I called whites and the lady said that wireless headphones would only work on the spectra. I didn't argue the point but I was rather confused after she told me that. Can someone clear up my confusion? Does the Radio Shack #33-1253 have a plug in adapter that allows it to work with the wireless headphones? Any help will be appreciated.

Ty

Oct 12, 2004
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's IDX, Custom Water Detector, White's Coinmaster, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a proper adapter, the RS wireless headphone 33-1253 will work with
most any detector. I've used them on Minelab, Tesoro and White's detectors
for several years with no problems. The RS phones come with a dongle that (with proper adapter) plugs into headphone jack. Works fine.
The Spectra is the only White's detector that they have wireless headphones for so that probably explains your answer from factory.

Ty

OP
OP
itsmymind

itsmymind

Nov 25, 2009
SE Ks.
Detector(s) used
MXT
HI TY, Thanks for the response. I don't like the thought of being tangled up in a cord every time I dig a target or go through brush. Thanks again and HH.

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
itsmymind said:
I took them out this afternoon for a few hours and they work great on my MXT. I had to buy a 1/4 x 1/8 jack adapter to make it work, but no problems. No lag, interference, etc... I also bought the replacement warranty. It was great to hunt without a cord dangling down. .......
I'm a little confused. You said that you used the headphones and they worked great and then you asked if you need an adapter????

OP
OP
itsmymind

itsmymind

Nov 25, 2009
SE Ks.
Detector(s) used
MXT
I took them out this afternoon for a few hours and they work great on my MXT. I had to buy a 1/4 x 1/8 jack adapter to make it work, but no problems. No lag, interference, etc... I also bought the replacement warranty. It was great to hunt without a cord dangling down.

The above is from a earlier post I had found while trying to decide on headphone's. Sorry for the confusion.

Az Coinshooter

Greenie
Jan 5, 2007
I've heard that the Spectra wireless headphones run about $200.00 - $250.00 to purchase without the detector.
What is the approx. price on the Radio Shack model ?

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I was interested at first until I read the feedback on the radio shack site for these headphones. Most people stated they were a bad buy, they break easily, the adapter falls apart etc...So maybe I will still be using the ole corded ones >:( Unless someone has a better idea.......jgas

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted about this in my personal forum, but for those looking to try wireless headphones, you might head to wal-mart.com and check out the wireless headphones made by SENTRY Model is H0900. The come with the transmitter and the headphones. They also include the adapter for plugging into a detector. And the best part about them is that they only cost about 24 bucks. Dont remember the exact price because I got them several months ago. Actually, got two pair. And they work great. Havent had any problems with them, and they have no lag, no static and I have experienced little atmospheric problems. They are worth the money and are actually well made, very well made considering their cost. At that price you cant go wrong, not really. Worth a try. Been using mine and no complaints.

jgas said:
I was interested at first until I read the feedback on the radio shack site for these headphones. Most people stated they were a bad buy, they break easily, the adapter falls apart etc...So maybe I will still be using the ole corded ones >:( Unless someone has a better idea.......jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread