wireless headphones for detecting

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
How do you do that?

Wouldn't you need a little transmitter actually on your machine which sends signals to the headphones?

Would it be bulky and add weight to the machine?

Sorry, not a gadget techie but it's an interesting idea. Do get sick of getting tangled in my earphone cord every time I bend down to dig something.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
There's definitely some people doing it, but it doesn't seem popular.

$100 wired headphones are probably the better way to go.

R M P T R

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
I just bought a pair of Bluetooth wireless 'phones, haven't had a chance to use them in the field yet, but they seem to work fine

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
For me they worked fine on a slow response detector like the EX2 however when I tried them on the Fisher F-75 which is lightning fast response the lag time was just too much for quick, accurate pinpointing. I guess it just depends on what detector you are using and if you can handle the lag time

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Scottish Innovation do a set of 3 channel especially for detectors, but again, not recommended for fast response machines. Uptill now the only ones that work really well ar the XP series WS1 single channel, WS1 dual channel (Also known as WS2), and the WS3. The first two are backphones, the last is like a set of Jolly Rogers. Unfortunately for most people these only work with XP detectors (I´m lucky, I have an XP GMP with WS1 two channel). The channels are so you can switch if someone near you is using the same setup.
HH Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread