old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a set of wireless headphones a few weeks ago to try them. Today was the first chance that I have had to try them because of the weather. And even then, alot of the ground is still frozen here.

Anyway, I found a set of wireless headphones at Walmart.com. 29 bucks and change. The transmitter is a little bigger than a pack of cigs. And it has an extendable antenna but you dont need it. I used velcro to attach the transmitter to the side of my DFX box, and though the wire is long, i just coiled it up. You have to get an adapter to size the plug up, or I did anyway.

Tried them out today, and they work pretty darn good. And no wires to get in the way. Sure made what hunting I was able to do alot easier. And actually, with less stress since those dang headphone wires werent getting in my way.

The wirelsess headphone set is as follows. Made by "SENTRY" Model is H0900. Includes the headphones and transmitter as well as a stand to put it in if you want to use it for your tv watching. Uses batteries. 1 9V and 2 AA.

I noticed no lag and the phones worked as they should. I did get a little static once in a while, but not much even then. And for 29 bucks you cant beat them. So went ahead and bought me another set as well.

Good luck folks. :icon_sunny:

Upvote 0

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a pair several months ago at the flea market. $7.00 new in the box. I was going to use them, but just never got around to trying them with any of my detectors. I'll probably just stick them on my computer.

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine works quite well. Well, I actually have two sets of them. I like the freedom of them so I am not hung with wires. I have one set with my DFX and one with my GTI 2500. I know it seems amazing that for a cheap price you can have wireless headsets for your detector, but its true and they work good.

mattw

Mar 31, 2009
Homer, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000 & Classic ID
Well, just ordered a set tonight. I hate having wires tied to me. Will see how they work and may have to order more pairs. Bummer is that it will take almost 2 weeks to get them with Wally World shipping to nearest store.

Matt

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to try a pair also i hate extra wires hanging around me and my detector. That is the reason i will not use the pin pointer that plugs into your detector you know the sunray inline probe.

Attachments

• 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 389
OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mattw said:
Well, just ordered a set tonight. I hate having wires tied to me. Will see how they work and may have to order more pairs. Bummer is that it will take almost 2 weeks to get them with Wally World shipping to nearest store.

Matt

Personally it was worth the few extra bucks to just have em shipped directly to me. They are cheap enough that paying the shipping to get them within a few days was worth it to me.

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
I am going to try a pair also i hate extra wires hanging around me and my detector. That is the reason i will not use the pin pointer that plugs into your detector you know the sunray inline probe.

Having em hang on the detector isnt a problem, not with me. I just hated having them hanging BETWEEN me and the detector. Thats when they get in the way. I like the sunray probes myself. I have one for my Garrett GTI and I plan on getting one for my DFX. I like being able to have the same information shown for my probe as for my large coil.
The wires on the detector dont get in my way...but having the dang earphones being pulled and tugged and jerked and then having to get the wires out of the way or take the headphones off to get the wires out of the way...THATS what gripped my butt. But I do agree that sometimes the probe wire is inconvenient but I learned how to set the probe location so that the wire would hang off the right side of my detector which is out of my way. But I do see your point.

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of Christmas's ago, my son bought me a set of Sentry wireless headphones for my Compass xp-pro. Works fine....

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
idigdirt said:
A couple of Christmas's ago, my son bought me a set of Sentry wireless headphones for my Compass xp-pro. Works fine....

Dont they though. I sure enjoy using them. Only time I wont is is I am brush popping this summer and need my Detectorpro Rattler headphones. Helps me keep an ear out for those snakes in the grass. :icon_sunny:

burrito_hut

Greenie
Apr 24, 2010
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered some. I get REALLY frustrated with the cord on my ACE 250 so this should alleviate some stress.

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
burrito_hut said:
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered some. I get REALLY frustrated with the cord on my ACE 250 so this should alleviate some stress.

You are quite welcome. They work well and you wont be disappointed. You will just have to figure a way to attach the transmitter to your acer. Oh, and mine did come with the 1/4 inch bend adapter as well. So you dont need to buy one.

I would suggest putting some stick one velcro on the transmitter box, then getting a strip of velcro on a wrap around belt of some kind and just attach it that way rather than using stick on velcro on your ace itself. Or just attaching it with some plastic ties. Just make sure you leave the battery holder accessible. :tongue3: I didnt on the first one. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
old_goldchaser

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golddigger14s said:
They work for me, I used self stick velcro to mount my transmitter to my armcuff on my T-2.

Yea, thats a good spot, there by the cuff on yours. You have a flat area there you can use the velcro on. I did the same on my DFX box. Right by the cuff. Now I have 2 new detectors, and they dont have the boxes by the cuffs. Soooooo.. am having to consider using snap ties and putting it on the shaft between the cuff and the display. Havent decided yet as I am still trying out the detectors and dont know if I want to keep them yet so I dont want to put the velcro on them.

But I am still amazed at how well these have worked. Doesnt matter what machine I have put them on, they work great. And it is so nice not having to worry about the doggone cord dangling between and jerking on the headset. I get so relaxed and busy digging signals I forget that I am even wearing headsets. THAT is great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread