archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gosh,

I would actually like some feedback on if they work myself. How expensive are they? I think a detector manufacturer should come up with one just for our machines.

Arch

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No kidding! I've never tried them. Would be nice to not have a cord tangling me up while I'm trying to sift through the dirt though. I'm curious to know the cost too, and how they're powered. Do they take yet another set of batteries? Any info on what the battery life is? Sorry to hijack your thread, but now I'm interested. I'd hate to take more batteries with me to hunt LOL, but as long as they're AA and not some wierd stuff they're a safety net for a little more huntin' time if I the ones in the detector go dead. Anyone have any info on this?

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
www.highland-innovations.com
do cordless phones. £69 ($138) or around £80 ($160) for digital. There's a link to a Treasure mag. test report.
Most XP detectors now have the the transmitter built into the circuit board.
I've still got an old pair of Millenium Products headphones that must be going on 20 years old. Their advantage was that the jack (about the size of a yale door key) didn't need a battery. The audio from the detector was converted and transmitted. I also had a pair of French ones that were as good but needed a battery at the control box.
The XP wireless headphones only weigh 70g. Batteries last 50 hours and recharge in 2.

donnydave

Greenie
Jan 12, 2007
Is there any truth that cordless phones carry an health risk? A guy was talking to me while out detecting and I mentioned purchasing a set, and he said he knew a detecting friend who had cancer of the ear and he blamed his phones? I suppose its like smoking its your choice to take the risk?

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
pm me if you want the perfect solution to wireless earphones for about $70. I'll have to refer you to another forum, so do this in pm. I'm not sure if we're supposed to mention other forums on here. It works AMAZINGLY!!!! We have detailed instructions on them there. Thanks

OP
OP
Dick from IA

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've had feedback from several who have used the RS headphones, and they really like them. But on the RS site they are customer rated at just 3 Stars, so some are not satisfied, but don't know for what reasons.

RS does offer a 30 day return option, so I think I'll probably give some a try once the deep freeze is over.

Dick

LowRider

Greenie
Feb 3, 2006
Georgia
I have the Escape headphones sold by Span and so far they work great on my computer. I can go out to my mailbox and they still work at 50 yards. I can't wait to try them when it gets warmer on the detector. Escape model WHP-885. To bad Span won't be selling them any more. They are still sold but Pete's Distributor will only sell them 1,000 units at a time from now on. He was selling them for $49.95

Mike

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I use the Radio Shack 33-1253 wireless. They are great! RS gives you a 30 day money back warranty on them if you don't like them. Cost $60.00

donnydave

Greenie
Jan 12, 2007
www.highland-innovations.com
do cordless phones. £69 ($138) or around £80 ($160) for digital. There's a link to a Treasure mag. test report.
Most XP detectors now have the the transmitter built into the circuit board.
I've still got an old pair of Millenium Products headphones that must be going on 20 years old. Their advantage was that the jack (about the size of a yale door key) didn't need a battery. The audio from the detector was converted and transmitted. I also had a pair of French ones that were as good but needed a battery at the control box.
The XP wireless headphones only weigh 70g. Batteries last 50 hours and recharge in 2.

I think that is the wrong link?
Highland Innovation Centre

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soon all detectors will be digital and then blue tooth will make for an easy ,wireless conection ,other wise it's the Deus ..
I've tried other types some specific to minelab,FM transmiter reciever type ,very interference prone...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread