Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a good reason why XP doesn’t market simple wireless headphones? I don’t see the need to spend $249 for WS4 or $299 for WS5 headphones when I have the remote box and just need a set of $50 wireless headphones. Is it just a case of making us spend more?

I understand what you are driving at, but it it is not a matter of making you spend more it is a simple matter of demand. In the UK, where the detector is most popular, the detectorists there update and program their machines with the remote as desired but hit the field with just the coil and headphones and leave the remote in the car. This can only be supported by the "smart" wireless phones XP provides that are capable of controlling the coil (something, simple wireless audio phones are incapable of doing).
So basically XP is not getting a huge demand signal for less expensive "dumb" audio receive only wireless phones.

That all being said, you can easily, and inexpensively accomplish your goal by purchasing an inexpensive ($29 or less) compact Bluetooth APTX-LL, (low latency) transmitter/receiver and plug it into the remote box and purchase an inexpensive $30 to $60 pair of APTX-LL headphones. So problem solved.

OP
OP
S

StinkinLincoln

Feb 20, 2018
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always, you provided a clear, concise answer. Thank you!! I never thought of getting a transmitter/receiver.
I like the idea of just using the “smart” headphones and leaving the remote in the car but I need to spend a lot more hours with the detector before I can go without the VDIs and horseshoe or xy graph. Thanks again!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as a followup for general info - the Orx uses wireless headphones for audio only (they can be purchased as an add on separately for about $100), but are not presently compatible with the Deus. It would be great if XP was able to update the Deus remote for compatibility with these phones as a cheaper wireless combo option for Deus users, but as I said earlier, doesn't appear to be a huge demand for doing so.

OP
OP
S

StinkinLincoln

Feb 20, 2018
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would certainly make sense and I doubt I’m the only penny pincher out there.
Thanks again for the good info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread