Welcome rod

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rod, I look forward to knowing a little more about you...Wisconsin....I thought that you had snow on the ground...lol...welcome...Steve

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Rod, Rod, lets do this right. Remember, it's BLACK socks with shorts when you're detecting. Keep up with the image.

Welcome to TreasureNet. You'll meet some of the nicest people in the world hanging around here.

grixzzly bare

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Hi Rod, welcome to Mugs. That is a great picture. Is that your hay field? It took me a second to figure out that was a roll of hay you where leaning on. (pssst....I didn't know we had to wear black socks either... :o :D )

Pepper

OP
OP
WisconsinRod

WisconsinRod

Greenie
Dec 29, 2006
Southern Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX, Whites DFX
lol, Steve that picture was taken in the field across the road from my house. The farmer had just cut and bailed the hay. The picture was taken by my wife on one of our walks in July of 2006, and yes we do get lots of snow. Grizzly bare I did't know about the black socks but i'll be sure to wear them from now on LOL. Steve, Grizzly Pepper and Gypsy and all of you nice people thanks for making old WisconsinRod welcome. I look forward to talking and learning MDing from all of you.

Rod

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Welcome Rod,
You can wear red socks,if you use b& w film.(lol) :-\
Hope to be seeing a bunch of your finds, soon!
Tennessee Joe

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Rod
Best luck on your hunts.

Attachments

• 7_16_2[1].gif
    7_16_2[1].gif
    52.9 KB · Views: 454

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Welcome to T net Rod !!! I was born and raised in Kenosha, and will hopefully get back there some day. Maybe if I do,I will see you around. HH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rod,

Nice to see ya! Have you detected that hay field yet? Bet you will find some relics out there.

;) RR

WelcomeSign.gif

Attachments

• WelcomeSign.gif
    WelcomeSign.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 373
OP
OP
WisconsinRod

WisconsinRod

Greenie
Dec 29, 2006
Southern Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Hey River - You never know whats in the ground, could be some relics there. I don't know of any military camps or parks in that area, but its a big field and anything can be there. Sometimes very good areas are right under our feet. Thanks for the idea.

Rod

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi WisconsinRod,

What part of Southern Wisconsin are you from? I'm originally from Galena, Il, about 5 min from the Wi boarder near Hazel Green...just wondering if you were close. I plan to move back to Galena in May 09 after I retire from the USAF. There's so much old stuff in and around Galena...lots of history and good detecting if you do your research.

Ang

OP
OP
WisconsinRod

WisconsinRod

Greenie
Dec 29, 2006
Southern Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Hi Ang - I am at Beloit right on the border above Rockford, Il. Galena is about 2 hrs away and yes the town is very old. On one of our mini vacation trips my wife and I visited Galena some years ago and we really enjoyed our visit. We took the old river road from Galena north following the Mississippi River, and just took our time enjoying the scenery. Lots of older towns with lots of history.

Rod

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WisconsinRod said:
Hi Ang - I am at Beloit right on the border above Rockford, Il. Galena is about 2 hrs away and yes the town is very old. On one of our mini vacation trips my wife and I visited Galena some years ago and we really enjoyed our visit. We took the old river road from Galena north following the Mississippi River, and just took our time enjoying the scenery. Lots of older towns with lots of history.

Rod

Hi WIRod,

I know exactly where Beloit is; we should get together for a hunt sometime after I retire and return Galena for in May 09. I have a second XLT that my Dad could use...he's the one who got me into this hobby when I was 12. I'll keep in touch.

AlaskaAng

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread