Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, it is hard to believe its Christmas time. It came real quick. Time flies when you are having fun. This last year has flown by. I guess that is way it don't seem like it is almost here. I have had a few hunts here and there but all to quick. I did find a silver coin that may be pretty old but it is in poor shape and I can't see a good date. I also found a pin of some kind that has a farmer with sickle .It has a large F and a B on it .I have no clue about it. I also found an anchor button but the back is gone. I don't think it is real old but not sure. The best thing I dug was a musket flint. This is my 2nd one I have got from the same site. I have had a blast hunting here and it is going to be hard to beat. I hope every one has a great Christmas and maybe even get a new shovel. :D Thanks for looking. :)

Attachments

• Dec22$01old.jpg
    Dec22$01old.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 330
  • Dec22$02old2.jpg
    Dec22$02old2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 330
  • Dec22$03anchor.jpg
    Dec22$03anchor.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 350
  • Dec22$05flint1.jpg
    Dec22$05flint1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HHoliday's right back atcha BM.....You've had an excellent run over there,enjoyed all your post throughout the year....I know it's going to be tough leaving something like that.Thank You for your service and hope the New Year will be just as good to you.Merry X-mas to you and your's :)

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Great finds, birdman. And a merry Christmas to you and yours.
Bob

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds good luck on the button ID.
Ive attached a pic of 1 i found in NC on right side, a british lower left and an italian button upper left.
I have many pics if they`ll help you in your quest to id the button. let me know if your interested in me e-mailing them to you. [email protected]
I have e-mailed the British button society 3 times, to different address`s with no replys, plus numerous other colleges and web sites world wide.

Looks British to me but theres no crown to confirm this fact.

Attachments

• 3 button photo.JPG
    3 button photo.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 234
T

TreasureTales

Please pass along Merry Christmas and Happy New Year wishes to all servicemen and women. We appreciate all you guys and gals do.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Merry Christmas to you and your family Birdman.

Please pass along our wishes for a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to the other servicemen & women. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for you service.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Nice finds, as always Birdman!!! I love what you're able to find over there. Happy Holidays to all! I've briefly been trying to ID your unknown pin... I believe the tool being used is actually a scythe, rather than a sickle. I hope someone can ID it, its pretty cool.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas to you too! I'll be moving to Baumholder in a few months or weeks but I'm still not sure when. Nice finds! The anchor button looks to be German Navy, that silver Orbed coin looks like it has a date of 1555 or 1655. HH, Mike

D

dugupfinds

Bavaria Mike said:
Merry Christmas to you too! I'll be moving to Baumholder in a few months or weeks but I'm still not sure when. Nice finds! The anchor button looks to be German Navy, that silver Orbed coin looks like it has a date of 1555 or 1655. HH, Mike

Looks like 1655 to me too.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for the nice replies. :)

Mike ,I wish you could of moved over this way earlier! Know some good people over here that would be glad to have a new hunting partner. There is also Roman stuff on this side . ;)

Dugfinds, I am gonna try my best to get back over seas. I turned down another overseas tour and now I am going to COLD country(North Dakota) . It will be a good tour also I just have to cut plenty of fire wood. :-\

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Congratulations on those cool finds. I always enjoy your posts. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Wishing you all the very best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions