watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past week I was down in SC visiting my two daughters. . . and granddaughter :thumbsup:
and noticed this older home near the local grocery store where I was picking up a few things
to grill out for dinner. Since I had my detector in the car ;D, I took a chance and knocked on the
door and after a short conversation with the owner, was given free-rein to hunt their property.

The area in back of the house was definitely the most promising but impossible to hunt without a
machete so I spent my allotted time (2-hours) hunting only the lawn area in front of the house.
Amongst the nails and rusted iron, I rejoiced at finding two Mercs near one of the garden plots.

While driving home, I was happy with the two silvers I found but couldn't help but wonder what was
still out there in the back yard under all that brush near that 250-year-old tree by the back door.

DSC_7418 copy.JPG

DSC_7419 copy.JPG

DSC_7510.JPG

Thanks for looking,
watercolor

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG

Never hurts to ask....

There's still more for next time.....

Glad you had a nice trip.

Glad you and the Mrs. made it back safely...

Sunday if it's nice " Tear down in Glenview " I'll let you know.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Gotta say that looks like a former church, you might have real site there! Too bad it's off in the distance.

Did you get any history of the place from the tenants?

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Lowbatts said:
Gotta say that looks like a former church, you might have real site there! Too bad it's off in the distance.
What an eye, Tim!

Great finds, Mark!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's your second recent two Merc hunt! WTG!! ;D

You guys picked a great weekend to get out of town, when it was warm - it was raining. You're back just in time for more good hunting weather! :wink:

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pretty awesome...
I own some property in a region of the country that is positively choc-full of old, abandoned houses; mostly farm houses but a few nicer looking ones... I've always wanted to get out into them, but I'm still way, way new to this.

OP
OP
watercolor

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PokerPlayer said:
Pretty awesome...
I own some property in a region of the country that is positively choc-full of old, abandoned houses; mostly farm houses but a few nicer looking ones... I've always wanted to get out into them, but I'm still way, way new to this.

You should definitely make it a point to get out to some of those places if you can. . . take a few MD'er friends on a weekend "dirt fishing" trip. . . you'll never regret it :wink:

Welcome to TNet!
watercolor

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great great trip - family & detecting!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: