Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I just got back from a trip to Ireland and Scotland and, after listening to the history of the area - especially Scotland - I wish I had the opportunity to do some detecting around some of the ruins that dot the countryside. In places like the Hebrides islands, there must be many Viking and Celtic treasures still buried.

I know the laws about metal detecting are much different in the UK and Ireland (especially Ireland) when it comes to keeping what are considered national treasures or items of historical significance. Still, I'd love to find some Viking gold or silver ... even if I had to turn it in to the government.

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sounds like it was a great trip.:icon_thumright:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mom was born and raised in Falkirk...I've been over a couple times and have family there. And yes, I would absolutely LOVE to detect there. I too, remember lots of ruins dotting the countryside...I cannot imagine the stuff that been hidden for centuries. Ddf.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have friends who make annual metal detecting trips to England. These are pre-arranged charters that hunt farm fields. One of my friends has recovered Roman Gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread