Wish I had something exciting, but.........

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started out on my 5:00 AM prospecting quest this morning and enroute to one place I happened by an old school I had detected before.? Since I got my GTI 2500 I wondered what I had missed so I stopped in.? It got hot early!? Was sweating profusely by 8:00!? ?Remember how I had posted that nickels were hard for me to find?? Well this morning I found six right off!? Also got 4 dimes and 4 pennies.? Decided to quit early and headed out by 8:30 AM.? It's impressive to see what I missed the first time around, especially the nickels.? I only dug 4 pull tabs in the process.? Sorry no exciting finds today. :-[? ? ? ?JIM

Upvote 0
F

Floater

Well Jim at least you got out which is more than I can say for my sorry butt. I'm just in the office looking out the damn window wondering why I'm here and not out there. I miss being outside and working but my life has become that of an indentured servant and slave to my own needs for money and the good life here in Florida. I work 50-60 hrs a week so I can enjoy the life to which my wife has become accustomed too. Shes worth it, but I sure wish I could find that massive treasure so I can Retire. ;D good to see ya got some nickels.HH

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Hey Floater--Did Dennis mess up the beaches enough for you to find anything??
I'm in Indy and the rains from Dennis just began today. Shopuld make digging a little easier.
Just wondering

Dave

F

Floater

alwayslookin said:
Hey Floater--Did Dennis mess up the beaches enough for you to find anything??
I'm in Indy and the rains from Dennis just began today. Shopuld make digging a little easier.
Just wondering

Dave
No it didnt do much to this coast but sure stirred it up on the other side. I'm waitin on Omni and afew of the west coasters to pipe in on finds but no one has so far. Good luck with it up there. HH

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
actually while the conditions were all I could hope for, the finds just weren't there I did find some clad, an earring and a tinkerbell charm (silver) omnicognic 8)

F

Floater

rtde3 said:
At least you got out Jim. It was hot up here today also. Hey Floater don't worry, it looks like it won't be long before the next storm!
ROFL ,well RTD I dont know if thats good or bad anymore LOL :D. I sure would like the sand churned up but this hurricane every weekend gets old. Last year it was a month straight that we boarded up every weekend. You dont want to leave it up for obvious reasons so it was a real pain. I only lost a tree into the pool and some branches. no power for a couple of days last year. This first one we lost power for about 10 hrs and then back on. Its ok though . I got the generator this time so no more lost food in the fridge unless the house blows away. :o. Keeps the homemade Brew cold too. ;D HH

M

mercurydime

Hey Jim,
doesn't the GTI 2500 have a built in cup holder?
try only digging targets that are at a minimum of half way down the depth gauge and you'll see older finds.
i hate new pennies, when i find them i throw them as far away as possible.

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
I have this weird glitch that stops me from trowing any money away. i also hate digging new penny's but i keep them anyways They make my clad pile look much bigger!

That is a very interesting story Jim. I have found things in place i have detected 2 or 3 times before. very weird but kind of exciting and i sort of consider it a challenge now to porposly re-detect areas to see wht else i can find.

Good job and happy hunting

JT

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cup holder?? Hmmmm, now that's an idea!? One of those that swivel so it won't spill.....drill a small hole in the shaft,? attach the cupholder (all plastic of course),? below the electronics,...The way it is I carry my last cup of coffee in one hand and swing the coil with the other.? That would free up that other hand.? But what would I do with that hand?? I've always had a problem figuring out what to do with my hands.? I got it!? I could carry my gun in that free hand when up in the undesirable neighborhoods!? Thanks man, you've put me on to something.? Photos to follow?? JIM
Regarding those new pennies........I found a 2003 in my pocket one time......don't know how it got there I just found it! Anyway, I was doing some static testing and it made a really weird tone on my detector. It was even different than some of the other pennies of the same year. I asked one of the guys to run his detector over it and see if he got the same weird tone. His wouldn't even pick it up! Finally after turning the sensitivity way up it did pick it up and yes it was really a weird tone. I think the government has a secret program to replace all coins with plastic clad and this is one that got away by accident! Everything we can't explain has got to be a government conspiracy or isn't it? My firend Mike thinks everything is a government conspiracy and I'm certain he isn't far from wrong. He believes in UFO's too but I don't. The only ones I've seen flew out of a bottle of Johnny Walker Red back in my drinking days. I almost woke up dead one day and stopped drinking after that. I had one beer a few weeks ago and levitated in my back yard for two hours! That convinced me I could do without alcohol. Where was I? Sorry, I went nuts there for a while! Oh well, hold that thought and I'll get back to it. JIM

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just need to figure out a holder for the cigarettes. They tend to get a little damp in the shirt pocket when out in warm weather.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Hey, Jim. Here's a thought that actually might have some practical use. I'm sure you've seen where they are putting electronic locks on some of the new pistols that unless you wear a special ring, the gun is inoperative. What about the same system for detectors?
If you put the detector down and turn loose of the grip, it shuts off and when you pick it up and grab the grip, it automatically turns on and goes to the last program used if you have that type of detector, otherwise it just turns on. Never worry about it accidentally coming on and leaving you with dead batteries. Just a thought.

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Howdy Jim,

I know how much you love your 250, I was just curious how the 2500 is in comparison?

Kevin

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's like comparing apples and oranges. The 250 is a wonderful coin shooter, small jewelry, etc. The 2500 has so many more functions such as wet salt beach hunting, deep artifact hunting, gold nugget hunting, etc. Also every mode is adjustable to some degree. The 2500 not only displays the depth of the target, but tells you its approximate size, ie: if it gives off a certain tone and shown to be a specific size, you can bet it's a soda or beer can instead of a legit target. And that's just starters. JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions